free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 118 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

Tell me about it. I got them refurbed for £35 a wheel, but would still have been cheaper to buy 2 new wheels!

Best prie up here for a wheel refurb is £55 per wheel, plus refitting the tire and balancing afterward's.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

I went direct to a powder coating company in Portsmouth. They do scuff repairs too although it's not really their main business and they did have to redo 2 of mine to take out some marks that I could still see. End result is good though and 4 wheels for £140 is cheap enough.

My brother in Yorkshire got his powder coated (no repairs) at a place for £20 a wheel! 

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

The internet made me happy today. Mrs 12 plate 5 series had a suspension fault. £500 to fix at dealer. Quick google and it cost me £145 in parts and a step by step guide meant even I could fix it myself. Just finished and even the Mrs was impressed (albeit only half impressed). 

• Like 2
On 26/01/2017 at 09:37, Loose Cannon said:

That would be Robert Coucher at a guess, Lotus hater and pompous arse extraordinaire.

And yes the gold S2 is the best Esprit

Your top 100 used facebook words include Machete and Shotgun?

Yeh ??  were farming folks 

also are you the nathen loose cannon I've seen posting on Facebook?? 

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

• Gold FFM

This made me happy today. I am registered with an agency as an crane and lifting equipment engineer with an offshore operators Stage 3 certifcate, appointed persons cert and more certs than you can shake a shitty stick at, and this is what they sent me. Why the ferk do we even bother looking for work and having to deal with halfwit's.

Wow, fantastic job offer today as a sales trainee with the parent company of HS Samuel jewelers at the fantastic rate of, wait for it, £3.50 per hour. What the hell will I do with such high earnings, oh and you get staff discount as well. Whooopeeeee. Spend, Spend Spend.

I'm fairly certain that it's illegal to offer work below minimum wage. 

If they're paying min wage, it's a way of saying 'we'd like to pay you less, but this is the least we're allowed to get away with'. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Managed to find the advert from yesterday.

APPRENTICE SALES ASSOCIATE.

With a training salary of £3.30 per hour and benefits, including a sales related commission scheme and staff discount, this Government sponsored 12 month apprenticeship scheme may just be the opportunity you've been waiting for.
Our Apprentice Sales Associates create amazing customer experiences and learn new skills.

Signet is the name behind H. Samuel, Ernest Jones and Leslie Davis - so altogether, we have around 500 UK stores selling some of the most fashionable and most exclusive watch and jewellery brands on the High Street. But that's not all. We also have stores in the US, Republic of Ireland and the Channel Islands. In fact, we're the largest speciality retail jeweller in the world, by sales. Just imagine where your retail career could take you.

What it looks like to me John is the people must still be able to claim benefits while working ?  As comission has nothing to do with it,  even if you had the chance to make a million quid in comission, on a PAYE job under current regs the minimum wage is 7.20 something.

The goverment must be topping the rest up surely ?  otherwise its classed as slave labour :ermm:

A

• Gold FFM

No - that's an apprenticeship in being  an utter mong and selling crap jewellery.

believe it or not coffee shops, McDonald's and other fast food outlets offer such amazing opportunities.

its a joke, a method of getting buttons cheap labour and should be stopped immediately. Flipping burgers, flogging tat and making coffee are not exactly skilled professions. 

• Like 1

Only here once

Planning approval finally granted, have had to look at a half built extension since November, looking forward to getting going again! Finally!

• Like 2

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

On 30/01/2017 at 12:37, Loose Cannon said:

No not me. Still confused what the machete is for in farming or is that for errant ramblers who stray off public footpaths?

Nah ??. Just for cutting bushes back and stuff 

and cause I want one ........

Currently drive a Vauxhall ( first car ) One day it'll be a Lotus 

• Gold FFM
On 2/3/2017 at 18:45, 100th_Idiot said:

Having been out of full time work for a while I now have 2 job offers to consider over the weekend.

Choices choices.

Well if your stuck for choice, take one and pass the other to me, I can turn my hand to anything including selling sand to Arab's. LOL

• Like 1

F16's are Fighting Falcons, F14's are Tomcats. Just saying :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Spent the day reading up on all the toys in my new (old) Rangie that I picked up yesterday.  Love it!  If anyone wants an even older equally awesome 120k mile Rangie to love let me know....

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny