free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 119 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Moi...in an oil burner... how very dare you!  I've had a '56 4.2 Supercharged (Jag) Vogue SE for the last 5 years Mark.  Just bought a '12 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography.  Started with the '02 4.4 V8 (BMW) 9 years ago.  They just get better and better.  Would have liked a new L405 model really, but even the first ones with the same age/milage as my new one are double the money, so I'm sticking with the L322 for now.   503bhp (even in a heavy barge) is huge fun !

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
Well, today's the day, belated day out at Knockhill race circuit. been waiting on this since August last year as always been delayed for one thing or another. Chucks birthday pressie to me last year. So going to have a day hammering round Knockhill in a single seater F1 type race car.
 This is going to be fuuuuuuun.
Cant wait, did I say thanks Chuck's

The aftermath.

Well that was fun. Two laps with an experienced driver to show the right and wrong way to drive the track in a Honda HRV, then four lap's in a Honda Civic type R with a co driver to give you more tips and show the correct lines and braking point's, These Type R's can handle. Then thats it your on your own for the next ten lap's in the single seater F1 type car. Instruction are to take it easy for the first few to get to know the car as the tyres are cold and the track wet. So this was done, lap four confidence getting higher, so more of push and getting into second flat out for the hairpin, lap's 5, 6 and 7, flying and getting great track lines, hitting the rev limiter almost every gear. Then ooooop's, second bend from the pit lane, pushed a little to quick on the way out of the apex and guess what. yep, full 360 on to the grass, instead of a bright Red car, I now have one resembling a lawnmower, cover in grass and mud. No damage done though, both car and driver fine. Had to wait for a tow out as the car had no grip on the wet grass. Tow out completed and told to drive sedately back to the pits so they could check the car before continuing. so do as asked, get back to the pits only to be told that was my 9th lap. It's all over, afternoon of fun and an extremely high adrenaline rush is over, better than beer anytime. Bummer. Back to the office for a debriefs and the results of the best driver assessment. I am proud to say the winner came in with 74 point's and I came back with a respectful 70, 4th out of 18 driver's. I was well chuffed, even with the spin off. then a sedate drive home in a nice old slow, ambling sedate old Land Rover Discovery TD5 phase11.
Do the instructors really think we need a warning to watch our speed when we leave the track, if your driving the aforementioned Disco. I think not. Wendy , thanks once again for a great afternoon. Now how you going to top that for this year.
Pic of the first 7 lined up ready to go.

DSC_0179[1].JPG

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Took the VX220 out for a wee blast, first time out Since October. What an absolute blast that was. Just an hour. But on great, empty roads. I really did enjoy myself and it reminded me of just what a great little car the VX220 is.  Even the kids I saw when I was out loved the car - lots of finger pointing and shouts of "nice car mate". I'd go so far as to say that the VX220 gets as much admiration as the Evora.  Great fun, great little cars. 

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 2/2/2017 at 21:41, johnpwalsh said:

This made me happy today. I am registered with an agency as an crane and lifting equipment engineer with an offshore operators Stage 3 certifcate, appointed persons cert and more certs than you can shake a shitty stick at, and this is what they sent me. Why the ferk do we even bother looking for work and having to deal with halfwit's.

Wow, fantastic job offer today as a sales trainee with the parent company of HS Samuel jewelers at the fantastic rate of, wait for it, £3.50 per hour. What the hell will I do with such high earnings, oh and you get staff discount as well. Whooopeeeee. Spend, Spend Spend.

Don't bother trying mate. Just stick with your own business and go hard at it. :construction: 

That's what I am doing as all my agency ever got me here was washing service cars for a motor dealer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Took the cover off for the first time in two months yesterday, turned the key and kicked into life at 1st time of asking. Shame to waist such a clear blue sky so went for a roof down blast to put some life in the battery. Happy days. ?

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Hi Dan - yes Dad's cab is very busy. .. an example, tomorrow is:

• Club Hockey in the morning
  • Netball @ lunch time
  • County Hockey training in the afternoon

Next weekend is Lincoln for country hockey matches, Easter is Belgium for an international badminton competition. All go!

Son (9) already does Hockey, Football, Tennis & U12 County badminton - my wife takes him to events if I'm of with his sister. Luckily we have both participated in sport to a relatively high level, so know that we need to do this to allow them to fulfil their potential.

Our Son's primary school does no sport - the head even banned running in the school at one point - so everything is outside of school. Daughter left this school last June.

All has to fit round my Lotus activities - which takes top priority :driving: :thumbsup:

On 2/22/2017 at 09:44, johnpwalsh said:

Well turn up for the books that's made me happy today. last week it was hinted that there may be a job for my in Dubai. Today has been manic as the job came through with a requirement for immediate mobilisation, as in, 12 hours, get your ass on a plane and get over hear we need a supervisor to sort out some sh+t. So looks like I am on my way. 8 week stint before I get back which is a bit of a bummer, but after 9 months of living off your hard earned saving's and seeing them dwindle, I don't really have much option. LotusRescue will continue and contingency plans all made for the car's en route from the states so all's well. Current project's like the almost complete SA will have to sit a while and the search for the owners of the newly discovered two S4 turbo's ( one Calypso and one Azure Blue) will have to be kept quiet so no one can jump in and steal them before I get back.

I recon, so far LotusRescue has been a great success, especially with the help of my backer who couldn't have done more, and fully understands the need for me to go earn some coin's. After speaking with him today, he has assured me that on my return, he will be waiting to get going again and not to be under any stress for his contribution to LR. What more can I ask for. A true gent. 

So guy's as I have no idea what comms or iT are going to be like, you may find it a bit quiet for me for a wee while, but rest assured, if I can get online, I will be back to give and receive more abuse, pass some stories, nip your ears for info on any cars you may have seen or know of, be prepared.

Until then, stay safe, take it easy, drive wild, and enjoy the freedom of the beast, Lotus.

Do Not Adjust Your Screen. LotusResscue will return...........................................Soon.

Congrats John.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

An afternoon well spent removing a basketball ring, trellis and covering the outbuilding in a coat of bitumen.  It now looks a lot tidier :devil: and has been weatherproofed in preparation for further work, more insulation, more tools, new door and eventually another ramp.

Happy bunny today :construction:

IMG_1947.JPG

outbuilding.jpg