free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 120 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

A very early 82' narrow body excel (labelled éclat) next to the Riviera.  Both are eventually going the same direction as Ethel (when time permits)- full strip and modernization but the Riviera will be retaining the original external cues and interior with thanks to suppliers of seat material supplied by Mark @Loose Cannon 

IMG_1823.JPG

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

It's about time as I need you're space so go tidy it up a bit. 

On 12/03/2017 at 23:17, Fueltheburn said:

I have cut down...honest.

No picture of the one you put the sthill saw through. Coward. ? 

• Gold FFM

Happy St Patrick's day everyone! Any reason to celebrate makes me happy. :)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I most certainly was! I said on the way there I'd be happy if they let me touch it without getting told off but to sit in it... Awesome :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Alex Henshaw,  used to test Spitfires built in Birmingham,   The place that the Jaguar factory now sits, Just off the  spitfire memorial Island,  Famous for his display flight up Birmingham low level and upside down straight up the street ! , to scare the Mayor who had asked him to do it, even after the pilot himself said it would be to dangerous due to the built up area and risk of no where to crash the plane if the engine failed.   The Mayor never forgot that day after Alex gave him more than he was expecting, neither did the folks of Birmingham,  

The Man was a true ledgend 

Alex-Henshaw-2.jpg.35a47e888b7bfa98555b89cb149d8cb6.jpg

A

That photograph of Henshaw was taken, I believe, at Rochester Airport after he got back from his record breaking flight to Cape Town and back. He was so knackered he had to be lifted out of the cockpit of his Percival Mew Gull...you can see that he'd had a nosebleed...! Coming across France his only navigational waypoint was the Eiffel Tower sticking up out of the fog....his books are well worth reading... His Cape Town record stood for over 70 years, and the present record is only 4 hours faster.

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Just to add a bit more to the Alex Henshaw story....last time I was at the RAF Museum at Hendon, I was amazed to see his Mew Gull,in full record/race trim, hanging from the ceiling....butchered beyond belief to fit the necessary supporting structure. I was standing there with my mouth hanging open at the sheer blind idiocy of this, when one of the attendants came over and explained that it was a reproduction made specifically for this display, and Henshaw himself had contributed to the costs incurred! The real Mew Gull has been rebuilt several times after various accidents.

• Like 2

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

That, is a thing of beauty.  Seriously gorgeous.  You must be delighted?

More pictures when you have them, please!

Well Mark, you've made me happy today.  Just spent a very pleasant hour reading up on your new car.  'muricans have great pride in their automotive heritage, so there was plenty to read!

• Like 2
On 20/03/2017 at 13:22, Bibs said:

I most certainly was! I said on the way there I'd be happy if they let me touch it without getting told off but to sit in it... Awesome :D

My feet never leave the ground as I don't fly anymore. That just might tempt me out of retirement though. ?

• Like 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.