free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 121 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

That made me really unhappy @Bibs to be honest. Reminded me how fluked up wea re these days.  i mean 30 years ago plus, we used to get our milk, orange juice, potatoes, eggs, cream, and bread delivered by a jolly wee nice chap in an Electric milk float. He used to deliver the milk and juice in pint glass bottles, that we would wash after we have finished with them. He would then come and pick up said bottles and use them again. And again. And again.  No one ever discussed how green this was. Social responsibility and ECo warriors and all the other current bullshit had not been invented back then. You see, life was much simpler and we were all much more sensible. I mean, milk in glass bottles, to the door step, and then the bottles reused all whilst being transported by the Ernie the milkman on his electric cart.  How sensible was that.

Somehow. We lost our way. Forgot what how to behave. Now, we're just totally fluked up.

Not nostalgia for the old days. More weariness at how bright young things today believe they know it all and have all the right answers. Sometimes, to get to the right answer you don't need to be a bright young MBA with a e-commerce whizz bang what ever. Sometimes, you just need to look back over your shoulder a short way to find the sensible things to do.

I never even got started on how you could by a 56lb sack of potatoes, or carrots, or turnips, or 22lb of onions from the farm shop, straight out of the field, and then keep in the shed for months as you used them.  these days, you'd be lucky if your supermarket carrots weren't all limp after 3 days and your spuds not sprouting after 4!  God knows what they do to the veg in supermarkets but they do seem to mess about with it a lot.

Anyways. On a plus note to end. Glad you've gone back to the old ways and you have the option to.  That's progress! ;)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Shame. As with that Essex you really would eb the fastest milkman and people would have written songs about you and everyfing..... :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Just taking my Evora for a spin yesterday after the LEGS meeting made me happy. Very happy. 

I had nowhere to go specifically so just drove and found nice quiet highland roads to explore. Just me. The Evora. The sun blazing down. Little wind. The open windows. No wife to complain about my driving. No snivelling little brats in the back. Just the smell of the fresh air. The sound of the highlands. The growl of my 2bular headers and Lotus sports exhaust bouncing of the rock faces and echoing in the glens.

Not a squeak. Not a rattle or a creak. No issues. No little niggles. Rifle bolt for a gearshift. Just motoring perfection. But better!

Not a care in the world. Just driving for the sake of driving with nowhere to be. Pure, totally selfish indulgence. 

For 3 hours. I felt like a God. Like Thor riding his bolt of lightening across the highland hills and through the glens.  Privileged and blessed.  My god I truly love my Evora. What a bloody fantastic little plastic car it truly is. 

On the way home came across three guys on this:  http://www.endurorally.com/pages/flying-scotsman-rally-2017  Caught up with them just outside Dunkeld (three 1920's Bentley's - amzing cars, sounded and looked immense).  Followed them through Dunkeld - one guy shouts at his family on the narrow main street in Dunkeld - "wow look at those old beauties, and look son, a ferrari behind them! :thumbup:".

What a lucky fecker i am. Sometimes I think we forget just how lucky we are.

Hope you all had a great weekend with your little plastic cars too.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Until then the sounds of this englishmans double 2bular cannons will continue to terrorise the highlands. 

While it's alright that someone can mistake a Lotus sportscar for a Ferrari, I would prefer if they had recognised your car as the TRUE sportscar it is - aka a Lotus.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

In a time of great sorrow as the attack in Stockholm today, it makes me if not happy, at least lighter at Heart to hear, that many Swedes stand together and offer help to each other, offering Places to stay, a ride home, food, comfort and more.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Ex neighbour of ours visited our immediate next door neighbours today and popped in to ours to say hi. Being the kind gent I am we said you can leave the Rapide on our drive (our next door neighbours don't have spare parking). He came in for a chat, left the keys and said, enjoy, take it out for a spin round the village.... was rude not to!

IMG_0201.JPG

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM

And............  how was it?

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

And............  how was it?

Fantastic, rather sedate but hell of a grunt. Oh! and the sound :wub:

• Like 1

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Ok. I admit it. It was yesterday.

I've been at my new work place a little over 1 month. Yesterday I get to work and spot another Evora in the car park. A rare coincidence.

Not just that though. It's the same model, colour inside and out and year.

And the owner is in the same group as me.

What are the chances?

• Like 1

Maybe it was you car Andy, which was "borrowed" by a "friendly" young man?

Hopefully not. Happy days, A trip with the local Lotus Club and dinner afterwards. Nice day. Aaannnd we happily avoided a local motorcycle cop terrorising the area where we drove.

Not that we passed any speed limit or anything. Not at all, of course. Naturally. Sure thing. Always well within speed limits.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Sailed through, no advisories :)

20170412_112934.jpg

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.