free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 124 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

To follow once we get home from collecting the American S1 in deepest Englandshire. Heading South this morning.

• Like 1

Nice one John ....Only joking  .John but you can't jump the queue.when you have a waiting list of customers ...Good luck looking foreward to seeing your new car .Pieased for you Mike

• Gold FFM

The S1 from the states is White. Arrived UK last Thursday, I am due to collect her tomorrow morning then head North. The other is Ice Blue with Light blue interior.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Ice blue is a stunning colour for an Esprit. Nice one John and look forward to seeing it and you over the summer.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

This one may not be seen for some time. New fuel tanks required, on order and being made in stainless steel. rear bulkhead may have to be replaced, interior needs a tidy, and has some flaking lacquer issues. Might just get her up and running then do the paint over the next winter, just got to see how it goes.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Strange hissing sound from kitchen units turns out to be a water pipe leak.  I'm happy because I've diagnosed that it's after the stopcock.  I'd rather endure the hassle of ripping up the kitchen floor than front the cost (and suffer the aggro) of supply pipe replacement.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

After 4 weeks confined to sickbay whilst a clutch master cylinder was sourced and couriered from the USA, the Evora is now back gracing my driveway. Yeh! Withdrawal symptoms now subsiding.

• Like 1

Starting to rebuild...

just a bit of vanity, really, as it will likely have to come out again to sort the electrics, but it DID feel like I'm finally making progress.

Funny how you can spend ages rebuilding bits of the engine and feel like you've done sod all, but a few bits of trim clipped into place gives you such a huge boost!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I found the cause of the damp under the bath !!!!  It can be added to a dripping stopcock, and a leaking cistern I had already sorted out.  This bathroom looked great initially .  However the plus side is  is its so small I repiped the lot in copper and the waste in plastic in an afternoon.  Almost makes me look back fondly at days fighting the esprit.

IMG-20170604-WA0000.jpeg

I was coming back from Castle Combe a couple of weekends ago and some young bloke in a BMW 116 in the outside lane screamed away from the lights on the dual carriageway leading to the M4. Normally I just ignore it and can't be bothered but this time... I ambled gently away from the lights, let him get well ahead then floored it. Caught him up in a blink, slowed down a bit and matched his speed (probably around that nine-zero number) for a few seconds then hit it again. He disappeared into a dot in the rear view mirror. Shouldn't do that, it can be very detrimental to the licence!

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Yeah, nil point at the moment to quote that funny 70's game show and it does bother me. I tend to hit it hard in short bursts and get it back down quickly. I'm not sure how reliable the speed cameras are on clocking you during acceleration and deceleration. Well that's my hope anyway!

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

3 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

Yeah, nil point at the moment to quote that funny 70's game show and it does bother me. I tend to hit it hard in short bursts and get it back down quickly. I'm not sure how reliable the speed cameras are on clocking you during acceleration and deceleration. Well that's my hope anyway!

That would explain the hole in yer fifth gear casing. 

Deceleration in fifth gear overrun is the route of all UN1 evil, wack it down into forth and let the big gears take the strain.