free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 130 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

@LF1, was the GT4 a good tow car up there? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, LF1 said:

Qualified 2nd at my nemesis track  (Oulton) in manual a car without rev matching. Phew. I can still drive!

Out of interest what are you driving and in what series? Is there a thread/youtube we can follow you on?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I will  kill you.......................

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Nice work Bibs. 

My day ended well when I came home to find my Evora back on the drive (has been having some electrical gremlins sorted). When my wife said she needed some cash, I selflessly agreed to drive to the cash point on her behalf, via a rather indirect route...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, andydclements said:

A purist would have said "fantastic looking Esprit, Calypso red wasn't it", assuming it was painted more than 12m ago.:devil:

It's still red.  It's always garaged and doesn't see sunny days, or rainy days.

Another day and parked in Tescos and another "Lovely Esprit you have!"  What's going on?  I've had years of people turning their noses up at it / ignoring it and now 2 people in 2 days!  Maybe the Stevens Esprit has entered the Classic car status now and people are liking it.  And the haters have died of old age.  Still another happy day :)

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, DDubya said:

Have been tracking down various pension funds. Lost paperwork due to nomadic lifestyle, house moves, divorce etc. Finally, finally, after being repeatedly told by a past employer that they only ever had a single group and even the pension provider stating this was my only fund, I have located a six figure sum in a past pension account which has done rather well.

Dont mind if I do!  ??

Quick - get it out and spank it all....

Only here once

it's even funnier given the difference between UK and American English.   The idea of defecating on a "pan"   :lol:

*we call it a toilet "bowl" -which is closer  I think  ;)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

@kimbers I guessed you missed the news about the white supremacists in the UK Army plotting terrorist activities - The Royal Anglian Regiment.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Just been to look at Group 4 TR7 V8 rally car - unfortunately it was a bit too far gone for my requirements but sitting next to it was a GT40 - I was asked if I thought it was the real thing or not, my reply was I assumed it was a very good copy after such a question. I was quickly corrected by being told it was the genuine thing and was in fact the Mk1 GT40 Jacky Ickx had driven at Le Mans in 1966 - It was absolutely immaculate having just been returned from being restored in New Zealand from boxes of parts he had sent over (apparently it is the only place you go if you want a proper GT40 restoration). I thought I was fussy but this guy went far beyond - all parts are from the original GT40 or other Mk1 GT40's - each part is documented with the chassis number from it's originating car. After lots of drooling he even started it for me - if ever there was a sound to bring a grin to your face :thumbsup:

For all those moaning about the ever increasing prices of Esprit's it is currently insured for the agreed value of £3,000,000.00

Like a true wally I forgot to take any photos. 

Remarkably this chap is blind, something you quickly forget as he wanders around his garage and gets in and out of the Gt40 - oh and he also had a Lotus Europa under wraps and a single seater hill climb car (for his wife to have a go in!) - -quite a guy.

• Like 2

Been helping the team that sell these today. $6.2m second hand! Going up for a flight in it tomorrow :D

21728896_10159219554125527_1142602880956

21743421_10159219553805527_4919162429317

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.