free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 132 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

Marc,

Whether it is the EU (which I suspect it is) or the UK, the UK are the ones at fault here IMO!

For decades we (the UK) have had mandarins ensuring that all the sh1t coming out of Brussels is applied to the letter.

Tell me how, having just returned from Sardinia (and a regular traveller to France) how it is the Brits that feel that the EU has eroded our 'Britishness' and yet when you go to France, Italy or Spain, you struggle to buy anything in their supermarkets or shops that isn't produced in their Country? Ever tried buying Adnams or Speckled Hen on the Continent. We have got it SOOOOO wrong!

Seems to me like we have 'administrated' our way out of Europe for the worst of reasons. We are far more at risk of losing our identity to the US than any other EU Country.

That said, I love the fact that I can go to the local village CO-OP and buy wine from America, Chile, France, Italy, Spain etc etc.

Imagine being limited to only British Wine!!!!! (I'm a big red fan by the way!) Think I'd be drinking a lot more Adnams

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

Echo falls...... it's made from alcohol base and flavourings......

you do t need to believe me if you don't want to - it's a fact

Only here once

This arrived.

59cd686cd6526_burglaralarm.thumb.JPG.030c2d050c63b14658be60c74ce03352.JPG

Had my garage cleared out by professional thieves in the early hours of last Saturday morning. £900 of tools and equipment stolen including my MiG welder, jetwash and a load of air tools. F***ing b***tards. Luckily they didn't get into the house or my good lady would have been a nightmare for weeks. It is sadly complacency, you live in a really nice area and you have nice things. The neighbour over the the road is (probably) not going to steal it, but it is a magnet for the ***** that can see you have value and become a target. A Lotus on the drive is like a big shiny flashing sign that reads "I have some assets, come and take my wordly goods." Then on the Monday my sister in law had her patio doors smashed in broad daylight, less than a mile away from us. They were after their car but both sets of keys were away luckily, So they ransacked the house and took jewellery, petty cash and gift vouchers.

Anyway, the saddest thing about bolting the stable door after horse yadda yadda is that this now turns into a sick arms race. My house and property is now turning into Fort Knox, full on security, 24 hour CCTV, perimeter detection,  I will actually kill anybody who steps a foot onto my castle now. That means it leaves the neighbours wide open as they are easier to turn over. Horrible but this is the way of the world unfortunately.

Police? They just shrugged. They are too busy sitting in their cars or prosecuting people for Facebook hate crimes. Oh to have a bobby on the beat. Three other houses done the same night in my local area. What the hell am I paying them for? Give me the option and I would happily pay a switched on local security company to actually come and check my property and maybe - just maybe - kick the **** out of these leeches.

Whatever. You live and learn. So from my lesson here my friends - get your home security up and together. All of it.

Alan

• Sad 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

36 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

59cd686cd6526_burglaralarm.thumb.JPG.030c2d050c63b14658be60c74ce03352.JPG

Is this the HAL9000 diy kit? - If so I would be more afraid of your alarm system than any intruder. - Sorry the fizz is starting to kick in :stuart:

Edited by march

It is the full on HAL kit Marc. Any would be future burglar will be assailed with comforting words and phrases and lulled into a full sense of safety until the naked Swindon Alan, the nine iron and the acid resistant safety goggles makes an appearance...

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

I feel for you buddy, it's mind numbingly devastating being f**ked over by these thieving scumbags. My unit was done over last year by the tidiest burglars ever, everything of value was taken, everything else was moved and sorted into neat piles.

• Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM

On a slightly more happy light - the local planning authority have now validated and publicised my planning application for two new build houses.

looks like the esprits are gonna need a new home if this comes off

• Like 1

Only here once

14 hours ago, andydclements said:

Nothing wrong with English wine (it's made in England from grapes grown in England, using normal methods), but British wine is made here, using grape concentrate. 

Grape concentrate? Is that where the grape has a really long hard think and suddenly turns into wine? :P

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Dont know if you guys know but the best English wine is made & grown in Norwich?

I know the grapes are grown as I see them when I pass by going to my sailing club!

https://www.winbirri.com/gallery/

You can even go along and help harvest and get paid in wine vouchers!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

The Romans successfully grew vines and made wine in Great Britain for years. As far North as scotland too!

So much for global warming....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

5 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Grape concentrate? Is that where the grape has a really long hard think and suddenly turns into wine? :P

Bully Hill (Finger Lakes)winery used to sell a nice blend of grape juice called "Cylinder Head"  (had an aircraft radial engine on the label.) Sadly it's  been retired, but I bet it would have made a great starting point.  ;)     They still sell their own unusual wines.

Edited by comem47

As I would say about any Esprit, that lego box is some serious piece of kit. That can and will only make one happy.

How many pieces?

And how many pages of assembly instructions?

Kind regards,

Jacques

ps: yeah, sure the Esprit is the Black monolith and the ones knocking each other over is the german car industry. Or some infamous guys from the far West and the far East. Always making trouble...

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)