free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 140 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Laura

What made you happy today?

Thats ok, payback times for the many times, you have sorted my Esprit. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Awwww,  I luv ya.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Bought an original Stevens service book for my Esprit.  The car's on it's 3rd service book now.  They're difficult to find for Stevens cars.

Cost £100 which is through the nose, but it's kind if worth it, as the car's got a full service history :)

s-l1600.jpg

Perhaps not "happy" but it gave me a chuckle.

I'm awaiting a parcel, and when I checked last night it was shown as "not arrived" here in Norwich, that made me suspect it had been lost. Today, it's not lost as it''s on the van but when I went to UKMail's site to check status, it tells me that: The van left at 06:29 am, the van is at stop no 7 and  (as of 17:10 pm) I'm stop no 24.

7 stops done in 10.5h hours, so it takes them c 1.5hrs/ stop, that's 36 hours to do the deliveries on a round that sets out daily.  I hope (for the driver's sake) the data is wrong.

Watching this guy 😂

New toy arrived today :):

WP_20180313_17_14_24_Pro.jpg

The only problem so far is that it has taken me all afternoon to find out how to switch the bloody thing on (absolutely no explanation on this absolutely critical piece of information) - It is going to be a very very slow but steep learning curve

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Collected this bad boy today and revalidated  my pilots licence, if Carlsberg made days ...

73FFC977-F515-419B-B5EC-5903CD94E1F3.jpeg

@Stuart Monument what made me happy today? Imagining a swap - my Mother in Law for your Evora. I would be able to give it a really really nice garage (once I'd removed all the old lady stuff......what do you reckon?) Sounds like a good 'Norfolk deal'

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

I reckon I’m going to keep this post to black mail you with :lol: 

Suppose we better try and rally the troops for next Monday’s meet ? 

3 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Watching this guy 😂

The Pinnacle of human evolution.

Or the scale must have been full and it started all over again.

Or his 13 year old daughter saying: "and you say I am behaving strangely these years?"

In fact I feel sorry for this guy. But a nice car none the less. No wonder they also have a strange gun law over there.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

16 minutes ago, Jacques said:

The Pinnacle of human evolution.

Or the scale must have been full and it started all over again.

Or his 13 year old daughter saying: "and you say I am behaving strangely these years?"

In fact I feel sorry for this guy. But a nice car none the less. No wonder they also have a strange gun law over there.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Wow it's just a bit of humour, feel sorry for the guy and Gun laws, come on, let's not be to serious and political please.

I think the two cars in the Picture are both political statements ;) And they are probably both good fun in each their way.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

11 hours ago, march said:

New toy arrived today :):

WP_20180313_17_14_24_Pro.jpg

The only problem so far is that it has taken me all afternoon to find out how to switch the bloody thing on (absolutely no explanation on this absolutely critical piece of information) - It is going to be a very very slow but steep learning curve

Is it a kick start ??

Only here once

Nah - the oxen on the treadmill are just out of shot.

To start it you just have to twist the red knob and pull - who'd of thought it, but at least it's something I already know how to do.

I'm sure you have twisted and pulled many a red knob in your time down on the farm Marc.  ;)

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Hi Filip, Great to hear you're enjoying your SE.  I've always been a sucker for the Range Rover P38 too.  My late father hand one from new and at the time it was the most sophisticated 4X4 out there.  He had the DSE which was under powered, but it still looked great.   Maybe some day I'll get myself a P38 V8, with coil springs, as I've heard the air suspension bags are trouble.

Mark, sorry to go off topic, but if you do get a P38 (which I fully recommend!), please don't castrate her!! The air suspension is what makes it stand out from the Range Rover Classic. And it's not that difficult or expensive. Just a lot of people that don't care/understand or get fed up throwing money at a dealer (stealer). There is plenty of info out there for easy and affordable fixes, all parts readily available. I took my previous one on Ladoga Trophy in Russia, never worried about the EAS and loved the fact I could lift her up for offroad and drop her down for the drive back on the German Autobahn. The suspension is one of the things that still makes it one of the most sophisticated offroaders out there.

Do get a V8 though, the BMW diesel is not really suited for a heavy 4x4. With a manual it's OK, but the slushbox means you're always over revving just to make some progress.

Greetz,

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

After a lot of persuasion and some negotiating I have been given the keys to this beast tomorrow for a 9-5 test drive.

https://goo.gl/nbuAhY

Hopefully take it to B&C to check their stock and see what the carbon seats are like to live with on a longer trip.

Does anyone know any good roads to drive whilst by B&C ? - obviously not going to go 10/10ths but would like to open her up a little bit more than just sitting on cruise control the whole way hahaha

Depending on how much time you have, A3 to Godalming and then to Haslemere. On a Sunday afternoon I sometimes go from Godalming to Haslemere and always pass a variety of drivers out to enjoy their cars. Everything from classic Jags, Ferraris, NSXs, Caterhams to American classics etc.

Not sure about traffic mid week though.

37 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

After a lot of persuasion and some negotiating I have been given the keys to this beast tomorrow for a 9-5 test drive.

https://goo.gl/nbuAhY

Hopefully take it to B&C to check their stock and see what the carbon seats are like to live with on a longer trip.

Does anyone know any good roads to drive whilst by B&C ? - obviously not going to go 10/10ths but would like to open her up a little bit more than just sitting on cruise control the whole way hahaha

Suggest you speak with Jamie Matthews at B & C - he obviously knows the area well and takes potential customers on a variety of routes and types of road.

Elise S sold February 2018.  GT410 Sport on order

17 minutes ago, franjipane said:

Depending on how much time you have, A3 to Godalming and then to Haslemere. On a Sunday afternoon I sometimes go from Godalming to Haslemere and always pass a variety of drivers out to enjoy their cars. Everything from classic Jags, Ferraris, NSXs, Caterhams to American classics etc.

Not sure about traffic mid week though.

I'll have a play on google maps tonight, thanks for the tip :)

9 minutes ago, hosscartwri said:

Suggest you speak with Jamie Matthews at B & C - he obviously knows the area well and takes potential customers on a variety of routes and types of road.

I will be talking to Jamie for sure, thanks :)