free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 141 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

What a day. Wow.

Exige 380 is just a whole new level of performance compared to my 370z.

Even with the brutal carbon seats, the mrs has been persuaded that an Exige is on the cards.

We drove the 380 from Snows Southampton to B&C but neither me nor Jamie thought about the under 25 insurance, meaning no back to back comparisons with an Exige 350.

He was however very friendly, and we spoke for a good 15-20 mins about what I'd be looking for etc, and showed us around the cars with various separate options to consider - very nice guy and happy to spend time with us.

Back to Snows again but running out of fuel, she's a thirsty girl!

Decided to show some appreciation to Snows after accommodating us and filled her up completely, despite only getting a quarter tank.

I have some thinking and planning to do, but my god these cars are seriously epic. Even if the 380 with valves open and a tunnel is deafening. Now to look into getting the same noise with the pops in a 350!

Again, a huge thanks to @Jamie-BellandColvill and Snows Lotus Hedge End.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

The circle of life.  Fabrizio Giugiaro has bought the white S1 at Stocks, but when he came to check it over he didn't like the way the carbs were performing, so I went in to sort them out.  So, I work

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

See the UNHAPPY thread

Ordered one of these off Amazon last night (sorry about the image size)

61ekoF8vNYL._SL1200_.jpg

Arrived today, plugged in, found the fault - P0087 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too Low. Not really surprised at this, sitting stationary with the engine running for 30 minutes.

Cleared the fault, checked the fuel pressure with Ignition/Engine start/under load, and all looks fine.

Saved myself £80 diagnostic fee (and in the future), plus the bollox that I would be told by a main dealer.

Not yet ready to be called Welwyn Exotics though :)

• Haha 2

Mr2 went straight through its MOT just advisories on the rears tyres, think the fronts are 4-5 years old so fresh boots all round I think.

• Like 1

Stopped at B&C to cheer myself up after a long day at work.  Wasn't a fan originally but now really digging it. 

They had a battshit crazy Kawasaki Green 380, but didn't want to be the kid walking around taking pics hahaha

20180423_171641.thumb.jpg.352378803e65f1b698ae6dcffb005e17.jpg20180423_171627.thumb.jpg.7f952fccf3b679ee13ae100ff18314de.jpg

My neighbour who’s been on the dole with his missus and four kids for most of his life has tidied his front/side garden up.

just in time for his Porsche 944 to arrive. Simply couldn’t be a more deserving case.

• Haha 2

Only here once

^ how do I get one of those type jobs lol

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

When I first met 'my' Jennifer, she had a 944.

Going on her experiences, he's going to need at least another 2 kids to be able to afford the running costs.

• Haha 2

Thank god for that - I was thinking this maybe the over 50 check up and expecting a picture with a lubed up rubber glove :makeotherhappy: still - great Esprit news that 

Only here once

25 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Another year, another MoT pass.  Celebrating with gin. 😁

IMAG0301.jpg

wow never seen it so clean, did the wife do it😈

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

There ain't nuffin I got that the missus would polish.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

It does look amazingly clean. Good to see you on Saturday - sadly ball joint has not cured the knock - so think it might anti roll bar bushes (again). 

• Sad 1

Got a new quote from my insurers on an Exige Sport 350. Comes in around £2600 a year. That made me really happy despite being bent over backwards, its £800 less than last time I got a quote.
Surprisingly an Exige S is around £2300, which made it hard to justify the £3400 original price for the 350 to the mrs hahaha.

Looks like the universe is smiling on me, and I'll be heading home in one this year - maybe for my birthday in August xD 

• Like 1

Chicken shed finished today. All kit cleared out - all finished.

very happy with that - other than my vans rammed with boxes 

Only here once