free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 174 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What made you happy today?

I'll see you later on the Unhappy thread.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I ordered a new Lotus, having cancelled the Porsche. That makes me happy

After 5 years of hard work and graft my Downton mini fired to life this morning and sounded absolutely amazing, everything has been rebuilt so big smiles. Just lots of loose ends to finish off no

My Dad came through his open-heart surgery successfully.  

Posted Images

Took my car out in the winter. It went Brrrmmmmmm. and I drove it all myself. Yay me!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

good to see you posting here instead of the unhappy thread😀

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Commute home tonight in Elise S1 down the A3....wet, very windy. I wondered if the roof may blow away...Great fun though, Yokos worked well, cross-winds hardly flustered my steed. 

Justin 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Took my car out in the winter. It went Brrrmmmmmm. and I drove it all myself. Yay me!

Was that a car indicating it's chilly since it's not in its usual cocoon of cotton wool?

Anyway, today sorted out one of those electric tilt beds for the parents, so Mum doesn't have to haul Dad to help get him out of bed. If it makes their lives a little easier then it makes me happier.

• Like 2

Might think this belongs in the unhappy thread but nope. 

Had my service with Back on Track today, couldn't be happier with it all.  Arrived a tad late due to traffic, but car went straight in and work began! 

Supercharger belt had a few nicks so replaced that, expecting a big bill after a quick google, wasn't unreasonable. He also took the time to fix up a leak on my windows, proof it didnt leak... he washed it!!

Very pleased. Thanks lads!

• Like 1

Fantastic news mate (albeit with the shit delay) but glad to hear you're back on the roads :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Accorsing to his videos, the only 2 cars in Harry's garage that he prepared for winter use, as opposed to preparing for winter storage, were his Elan and his Esprit.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

First day under an Esprit since last September, having finally recovered from a ludicrous series of unfortunate events.  A huge waiting list to deal with now, but I'm happy as a pig in, well, Castrol Edge. :animier:

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Stuart Monument said:

Sold the Mclaren ... bitter sweet. However the feeling happy bit is that I have decided to dust the Elise off, change the oil and use the car at it should be. Early morning thrashes, track days and  general enjoyment. Loved the Mclaren but its beyond my skill level. Every time I drive the Elise S1 it feels slow until I realise its about braking later, perfect turn in and then pedal to the floor earlier. Looking forward to the spring already. 

I have been commuting in the Elise S1 for the past 3 weeks or so. Just magical. 118bhp is enough...love having more but sub-800kg and low bhp is heaven. 5GT much the same with added lag fun. 

Off to meet some fellow 340R chaps tomorrow....having said the above, will be taking 12c, its got winter boots so need to use them.

Justin 

• Like 1

Another wonderful, informative lunchtime at Watford Public Library.