free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 215 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

@windymiller a few months back I had it the other way round, the actuator for hot water tank circuit failed open circuit so every time the home heating was on heat would be pumped to the hot water tank if it was calling for it or not. Plus the biomass boiler was running at this time and you can't stop it immediately like you can with a conventional boiler. Hot water at +80C at the tap isn't as much fun as you'd think! Plus the amount of energy that was wasted and it had been like this for a while. No surprises that I had to change a failed central heating pump last month too.

• Like 1

Signature not working...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

She'll get to see it and know what I bought when I get back home on Friday. I might need to take  picture of her face as it will be a "picture" for sure.  She's still the boss, but sometimes it is better to seek forgiveness than spend weeks asking for permission.

I've been there before.  Luckily, my wife crashed her expensive RV directly in front of me.  I was looking for a way to tell her a newer Esprit was in the garage.  I treated her nicely after the crash and she asked, "What have you've done with my husband"?  A few hours later, I told her I needed to show her something out in the garage.  She said okay at that point due to circumstances.  I'm sure you've experience that uncomfortableness with pain when you get back with your new "ride" whatever it is?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

We'll. It's red so hopefully she'll just see the old car.

But living in Scotland I just had to get a convertible for the daily drives lol ;)

That'll make the pain deeper for sure 

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@C8RKH looking forward to hearing/seeing what it is 🤔

Oh, and the photo of your wife when she sees it :thumbup:

BTW, Anglesey track day went well, I’ve never been at a TD when the track has been almost empty for long periods of time 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Lol, it's a daily driver so nothing to get too excited about. 2 doors. Four seats. Convertible. At least 4 cup holders but god knows why you need that many. Paddle shift auto. And a lovely metallic red colour.  Would look good with a hair dresser in it no doubt. However, it is large enough to tow my rack car to events too if needed ;)

I'm still gutted I missed the National, even more so if the track was under used. It's a great location for the "National" and one of my favourite tracks. I am sure the "Apres Drive" in the evening was fun and enjoyed by all?

Maybe I should look to organise a TLF "National Meet" at Anglesey next year. Would be great to meet everyone and should be a safe and enjoyable track day for everyone, in Lotus old and new, given that I am sure everyone would drive with courtesy and respect who attended and then a nice meal and drinks in the evening.

Well I never! After all you say about the marque you’ve actually gone and bought an Oooooodi A4 rag top😉

The Après-Drive after the meal went a bit flat, seemed as though everyone wanted an early start Sun morning. Car park was almost empty when I surfaced at 8.30am.

Great idea re ‘TLF National’ 👍 Would be easier to organise if TLF could utilise a number of spaces on a LoT day, although Paul doesn’t arrange many U.K. dates these days. 
“TLF InterNational” at Zandvoort🤔

• Gold FFM
50 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

The Après-Drive after the meal went a bit flat, seemed as though everyone wanted an early start Sun morning

That's because most VX owners these days are getting too old to party and are turning into right miserable buggers!  I spent Saturday night in Rome and think I got back to the hotel room about 0430 Sunday morning. Then we did Sunday night out on the town too and got back around 0300. Attending work on the Monday was a struggle, but made it all the way through!

I might have a chat with the TLF CEO and see what he thinks.  A light touch organised "national" might be a good thing for us on here and it would be great to see Lotus of all vintage on the track and owners just having fun, it's not always about being the fastest around the circuit.....  If it is, then go racing.

Oh, and I would never buy an Ooooooodi!  (well, maybe one day a V10 R8 Spyder JUST for that engine...)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

That's because most VX owners these days are getting too old to party and are turning into right miserable buggers!  

it's not always about being the fastest around the circuit.....  If it is, then go racing.

Oh, and I would never buy an Ooooooodi!  (well, maybe one day a V10 R8 Spyder JUST for that engine...)

Re above,

It was the younger ones who disappeared 🙄, the old crooners were still going strong 👍

Not even a discussion this year from the £100 mods gang about who won the track day or why 2psi in the tyres or 2 clicks on the front dampers cost them valuable time 😂
Maybe they’ve finally twigged what it’s all about🤔

Not going to be able to say “Audi do” then to you 😉

• Haha 1

5 days away for first holiday since 2019!

Love this place. https://www.griffonforest.co.uk/

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Enjoy your Holiday!  Looks like a great place to visit.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Having read on-line and watched TV about the woes of renewing a passport (10 weeks currently being quoted), I anxiously sent off my son’s renewal for a first adult passport on 27.04.22, well in advance of our summer holiday. The new passport has just been delivered today, so that was 13 days from door to door. There were text and e-mail updates throughout. In fact it couldn’t have been easier. Well done Passport Office!

• Like 2

Had the pleasure of hanging this 20 years agoScreenshot_20220511-214853.thumb.png.70d6c1d8cbf1414a5410ec5ec29fa882.png

• Love 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Isn't that the same figure as this weeks lottery win? I can think of a few better uses to put that kind of money to - and most of them are car related rather than wall art - I suppose if you have that sort of money you can take your choice, but despite the size of the win could you imagine ever blowing it on a single canvas when there are cars out there waiting for a good home?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
Just now, tim_marra said:

Two years? I bet you can't wait :lol:

to be honest its reasuring to be given the all clear, its not a great procedure but prevention is better than cure in this instance 😔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Found these 'Coupling' episodes online. "I've got too many legs" and "Shadayim" :) Moffat at his very best! Despite the fact such comedy wouldn't be made today, it doesn't detract from its brilliance. Happy days gone by.