free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 218 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Just now, Mark Blanchard said:

18 months off the sauce today.  And consequently 2.5 stone off the scales.  Who would have Adam and Eve'd it.

Congrats on the weight loss.  I'm the heaviest I've ever been thanks to Covid.  I stopped the sauce 8 months ago, but the weight stayed.  Glad you were successful!

• Like 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Mark Blanchard said:

18 months off the sauce today.  And consequently 2.5 stone off the scales.  Who would have Adam and Eve'd it.

Am looking for motivation to do the same Mark. The sauce has gotten quite free and easy over the last few years. It won't end well.  I keep waiting for a compelling event, but have realised that won't come. Just need to stop, full stop. What was your trigger to stop?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@RobinB5 moderation is the key. If you think there’s an issue with that - no matter how small  - then a full stop cease is definitely a better option.  It’s not like you are really missing anything anyway.

sadly some folks will never accept the responsibility that comes with life.

• Like 2

Only here once

I was using alcohol for the wrong reasons - pain control and zoning out of reality.  My body doesn't tolerate Opioids well. So good olde alcohol was there.  I only drank at home.  I was smart enough not to drive while I did partake.  Never really was a drinker in the first place, but the back surgeries (3 of them) started it.   The wife made it easy to stop.  She said stop and that's all she wrote.  Full stop for me.  I miss it a little, but I do better without it.

• Like 2

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

I just picked this up. I'm keeping this one. It's nothing super special, but I have never seen a case decorated like this before.

image.png

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

A wonderful, relaxing part of the world.  And I bet the drive was superb.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Drove there in a day (6am to 11:30pm) which was a bit of a slap but the French motorways put the UK to shame. Well surfaced, pretty empty and tonnes of great Aire's to take a break every couple of hours. We stayed over in Troyes on the way back and broke the journey into 2 days which was much better. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
28 minutes ago, Bibs said:

French motorways put the UK to shame

France is 2.5 times the landmass of the UK, with roughly the same population, ergo, their transportation systems are nowhere near as "rammed" as the UK's. 

Pleased you had a great journey, in the UK everyone seems to be in a hurry to get nowhere fast.  I found the same in Berlin last week. So much more relaxing than London.  Even the cyclists seemed to get on with everyone else.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Pretty much as soon as we were off the train and back on the M20, there were 15 miles of roadworks and I spotted 2 diggers parked up in the entire length of it. Made me want to turn around! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Are you guys across the Pond happy that Boris is resigning?  

9 minutes ago, bogle said:

Are you guys across the Pond happy that Boris is resigning?  

Well Putin and the Russians seem happy.

Boris has an interesting personality but the problems one after another was too much, but have no idea of who I think should replace him. (in a few months...)

20 minutes ago, pete said:

Fitted a staircase we made today

Wow! That's amazing!  God, I wish I had carpentry skills!

Really good to hear about some good progress with Jennifer.

• Thanks 1

David,

This is something that warms everyone's heart here on the forum. This is the good news and the picture is great because you've BOTH been through a huge ordeal. 

I see the sling on her left arm.  Physical therapy will definitely help the arm/hand, but it's just a question of duration.  Speech therapist will be able to assist with the fine tuning, but it may not get all of it.  That's okay because you can help her find alternatives for the harder stuff.

Are they able to project a possible release date for Jennifer?  Hopefully, they can send therapists to your home but that might be a big ask of the health system.  

Again, fantastic news and I will be thinking of this all day because it is amazing.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM

Bill

No discharge planning as yet. Of course, they can't do anything just now as my Guardianship application is still slowly grinding its way through the various stages it needs to pass before being presented to the courts. While all that is going on, nobody can move Jennifer on as that could be seen as trying to circumvent the system and deny my/Jennifer's rights in the matter.

That's all to the good though as the longer she remains where she is, so the opportunity to take full advantage of their rehab facilities can continue unabated. When Jennifer is cleared to move on, I've come to accept that it still might be a while before she's recovered sufficiently to be safe in the domestic environment and so may have to go to a nursing home for a while.

Unfortunately, even the best of those have nothing to offer on a par to the hospital. Community physiotherapists are almost non-existent and even if you do secure one, the home won't have any of the equipment that might be needed so definitely, the longer she can stays put the better. The court process could take several months so that's fine by me, even although there is a little bit of guilt there about bed-blocking when there might be somebody else out there more in need of it.

• Like 1

David,

Thank you for updating us on the forum.

I wouldn't concern yourself with any guilt for bed blocking unless she's 100% back to normal.  Although it would great to think of a return to normal with normal physical activities and speech patterns, it's probably not realistic considering her situation.  All we can hope for is continued progress and gradual positive changes for Jennifer.

I hope you've been able to rest and give yourself a break.  You need to do that and find a way to release built up emotions to keep your health in decent shape.  I know if I was in your shoes,  I would find myself challenged beyond my own wits.  So hope you have that outlet with friends and family.  Of course, there's people here on the forum that will listen.  Not all of them will reply because they don't know what to say, but I know they are thinking about Jennifer.  

Bill

• Like 2

That is awesome news, I am very happy for you both and have my fingers crossed her condition continues to improve at pace. 👍

• Like 1