free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 70 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks guys :)

Mentioned it, got the stare, face started to melt.

You just need to post-1877-0-62965500-1416183149.png

I'll be right behind you backing you up....honest  :sofa:  or just tell Tracy your 'looking' after it for Trev... ;)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Cheers :)

Did consider a SR paint job, Jamie @ B&C had priced it up for me but in the end I decided to leave it and possibly vinyl wrap it at some point so its reversible if required.

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm....

It's waiting for my give a fcuk and enthusiasm to return..... It's taking its time unfortunately! :(

I've recently made a half hearted attempt to be rid of her as she is but it didn't bear any fruit.

Such a shame as she's had so much work done to her, just lots of bad memories that taint the very good ones I have of her with all the boys from here.

Maybe the old girl was trying to tell me something when playing up so bad before the wedding, actually that's kinda ironic, seems even the car had more of an idea than my that my choice in life partner was a bit of a scum bucket....!!

Besides, I've had a cracking laugh with everyone on here, yourself included over the years, and never once driven it to an event, always the Vectra, then the DS4! Will I be quite so well received in the van though? Hmmmmm?

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

What do you get for an Esprit, with an awful lot of new parts fitted, a new S4 engine running rough on old blocked carbs, and a new interior who's carpet got very damp and could do with replacing, that hasn't run for 3-4 years?

Not anywhere near what it's worth would be my guess. Which is a shame.

Chunky Lover

I'd be tempted to get it looked at by someone (who's not going to charge the earth) and move it on.  It won't be your problem then.  Once the work is done, give it a good polish, your best sales patter and it'll be gone, and you'll be happy again.

• Gold FFM

What made me happy today, managing to fix the electrical gremlin on the Mrs Baby, her little Elan SE, something as stupidly simple as the interior light switch, it was sticking so when you closed the door the littleinterior light came on but was not visible in daylight. Opened the garage door one evening while I had the trickle charger on the car to see this little peak of light, removed the switch and gave it a clean, recharged the battery then left it for a week and hey presto it still had power and started. Well thats one headache simply cured. The Bonus is the Mrs is also happy.

Here is an unexpected benefit of owning an Esprit, although I imagine that some other mid-engine cars could give a similar result.

After several years away from the game, I have recently gone back to playing hockey (for clarity, ice hockey) and have joined an old-timers team playing two mornings a week. The Esprit trunk is just large enough to hold my equipment so I often drive it to games. The unexpect benefit is that the 25 minute drive to the rink is long enough for engine heat to warm my skates to a nice toasty temperature. And after dragging my carcass out of bed early enough to be in an ice rink dressing room at 8:00 a.m., warm skates are something to be happy about.

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Here is an unexpected benefit of owning an Esprit, although I imagine that some other mid-engine cars could give a similar result.

After several years away from the game, I have recently gone back to playing hockey (for clarity, ice hockey) and have joined an old-timers team playing two mornings a week. The Esprit trunk is just large enough to hold my equipment so I often drive it to games. The unexpect benefit is that the 25 minute drive to the rink is long enough for engine heat to warm my skates to a nice toasty temperature. And after dragging my carcass out of bed early enough to be in an ice rink dressing room at 8:00 a.m., warm skates are something to be happy about.

:D

My coat was lovely and toasty after being in the boot for a 30-minute drive last weekend.

I half cooked some chicken once!

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

The Mrs W went out in her baby yesterday and both came home again in one piece, both her and the Elan SE which was a blessing as she was driving on ice.