free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 88 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Look at this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/291541736511

2010 60 FIAT 500 1.2 PURO2 PINK EDITION SPECIAL EDITION PX / FINANCE  

ideal first time time car for a 17year old lad.......

Well we did name him Tracy after good old Dick!   haha, lol - very good Barry ;)

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a nice car! Actually, it seems to be missing a few Barbie stickers, which were there originally. I know, because close to where I Work, an old man bought a similar car for his wife. He drives it, thought ;) But I bet his wife smiled.

Cheers,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

Cameron, my son, said, to paraphrase his actual words which would no doubt offend some people - "I'd rather walk to college!".

Back on topic - what we made happy today, well two things:

1. We got our first dusting of snow of the winter

2. Bought some new seats for my Evora from the Lotus Motorsports site. This news will probably not make @Cocopops day as he will now be expecting me to ask him 356 questions on which bolts to undo in which order etc. to change them over. Oh, and if your reading Lee, did you sort out the heating bit as these are heated too!  :)

Next up is the Evora Heritage Edition steering wheel with the red stitching and the red leather covered door pulls.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

This news will probably not make @Cocopops day as he will now be expecting me to ask him 356 questions on which bolts to undo in which order etc. to change them over. Oh, and if your reading Lee, did you sort out the heating bit as these are heated too!  :)

Look forward to Lee's post in "What made you UNHAPPY today" thread...

:P

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Woolly the dog got hit by a car this morning :cry:

Its been one hell of a day - he really is the bestest ol mutt I could wish to share my days with - but I've picked him back up from the vets tonight - he's looking very sore, missing a spleen - but looking to be well on the mend.......

am I happy - oh yes 

image.jpeg.ccd0dc66f37d2d0b03b5b27fbc276

Dont ask about the wallet - it's not important!!

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Hope he makes a full recovery. Who needs a spleen anyway.

• Like 1

I've not for 20 odd years. Had it removed for weight saving :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Thanks chap - what the hells a spleen for anyway? - spare bit from when he was a fish ??

The wife did look at me strangely when I produced an 8 pack of cesar fine cuts packs..... Apparently - he should have 5 of them four times a day...!!! I've had to explain he needs a little and often. He's looking a lot more chipper on a couple of nice feather duvets!!

image.jpeg.3258105a9a51212bfa45deeb6e061

• Like 1

Only here once

:thumbsup:  Good to hear.  He probably feels better than you do now!  How was the car driver about it or a genuine accidental situation?  

Bibs - shame it didn't work then.  I'll forget that option going forward! :sofa:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

:blink:

Saved me 6 oz, it all helps... :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Al. said:

:thumbsup:  Good to hear.  He probably feels better than you do now!  How was the car driver about it or a genuine accidental situation?  

Car driver was shaken - no damage to the car - was more of a striking blow on the headlight indicator from what I could gather in the chaos. He was going about 45ish he thinks - woolly is one very lucky mutt 

Only here once

I once had a dog Vs motorcycle (technically moped) incident. The dog actually ran into the bike, not in front of, the dog ran and headbutted the side panel of the bike. It just stopped and then ran off in a the direction of where it came from. It was as if my bike had been stationery (moped so having just navigated a junction I was pretty close to being stationery. 

• Gold FFM

In my quest to be the perfect Lotus owner, following CC's immortal words, I got on the scales this morning to find I have lost 11 Ilbs. My Evora should now be around 0.02 secs faster to 60mph with me in it than it was 2 weeks ago. ;)

It would have cost me around £1500 in carbon fibre upgrades to get that weight loss / difference in the car....   hahaha. That's how my man maths justified buying the new seats for it.  SWMBO just looked skywards.....:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just got the news that my rig (drillship) has got a new contract.  Ya-ba-da-ba-bloody-doooooooo. :happy dance::scared::bounce::thumbsup::happy dance:Now what does anybody know about Guyana? Clue: it used to be British Guyana and at the N. end of S. America stuck between Venezuela and French Guiana.  I know it has the highest single drop waterfall in the world and not much more.  Guess I'll know a whole lot more very soon as will be there for early February after a frenetic remobilisation.

We have been chasing this for months and a lot of hard work against many desperate competitors but we got it. Oh yessss. <fist pump>

• Like 2

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

That's great news about your rig.

I've been to Guyana, actually. Spent 6 weeks trekking through the jungles and doing community work. The interior is well worth exploring if you can with some stunning scenery, including the magnificent Kaieteur falls.

My memories of Georgetown are not so good, as I got mugged and picked a very unpleasant stomach bug, but it does have a few architectural gems.

• Gold FFM

Great news Al - woo hoo!

Now last I heard it's a wonderful place but the midges are the size of sparrows so no wearing your kilt without under netting!

5 hours ago, Al. said:

Just got the news that my rig (drillship) has got a new contract.  Ya-ba-da-ba-bloody-doooooooo. :happy dance::scared::bounce::thumbsup::happy dance:Now what does anybody know about Guyana? Clue: it used to be British Guyana and at the N. end of S. America stuck between Venezuela and French Guiana.  I know it has the highest single drop waterfall in the world and not much more.  Guess I'll know a whole lot more very soon as will be there for early February after a frenetic remobilisation.

We have been chasing this for months and a lot of hard work against many desperate competitors but we got it. Oh yessss. <fist pump>

So you'll be heading to MMC to buy the red 400, right? :D

I wish!  So does Brandon! Anyway I'm waiting for the Roadster 400 if things have picked up by then.

Unfortunately the drilling game is dire these days with about 30% of all ultra deepwater rigs idle and the new contract may be on about a third of previous day-rate but it secures many jobs.  (The numbers are still eyewatering) We hung on until late Aug without redundancies and like all drilling companies we have had massive pay cuts (iro 25%) just to survive.  Also like all Drilling Contractors we still have rigs warm stacked (laid up) and we play as a team not as individual rigs/ships so package does not vary if your rig is affected or not.  Not suggesting I'm near the breadline and it is a 1st world problem for sure, but still a big reduction to deal with! The sun ain't shining and we aren't making hay any longer!

We had our previous contract terminated almost exactly 1 year ago through no fault of ours - just the market conditions, and we came and sat at Las Palmas in the Canaries since then with skeleton crew of 31 down from 120 company staff - and remember that is only 50% of the crew - just keeping her warm and ticking over.  It has been a demoralising time.  

Without going into specifics, what is the day rate for your boat? I'd guess somewhere between 6 & 7 figures...

Evora NA

The end of great weekend driving around in the Lotus having not had chance to get out for 5 or so weeks, trip out yesterday with Norlog, and today a run with a Mersey MINI Club made some great friends we had a MINI and pop back for a few events, this was a Charity Car run for Children in Need.

CF20720A-E6DA-4F19-9749-8F69C0480ED0_zps

Although at times the weather was inclement car was spot on and has made me happy today and yesterday, also amused how small the Elise is next to a modern MINI!!

Well as anything I'm about to say could/can be found on the interweb if you knew where to look.  Lets just say our previous day rate for a 6th Generation Ultra deep water drill ship was $630K/d. I do not know what we have just signed for yet but we were chasing like everybody a 1 year deal with options at about 1/3rd of that, which is today's market.  When it goes on the inter web and I can be more open I'll post a link naming client etc.   Some rigs were reporting figures up just north of $700K at one point generally signed for in 2013/4. The present market isn't sustainable (too many bankrupcies) so things should recover to hopefully mid 400's by 2017 and beyond being forecast.

Now drilling contractors are either cancelling part built rigs or taking them from builders yards and cold stacking.  Which is laying them up somewhere without manpower or services.  Like taking a $800M car and parking it outside unloved.  Financing that is eye wateringly expensive and no Lotus 50:50 deals available!  Even man-maths don't work here.  About 1/3 of worlds fleet currently laid up so 10's of thousands laid off. The big boys are scrapping all the old tonnage which only a few years ago would have either been sold to the wee boys or still profitable.  Most contacts are, or were for deals like 3 years + 2 x 1 Year extensions at pre agreed rates and that was either side could back out. We were lucky as our previous client Statoil couldn't get out of the contact through fault, so had to pay 2.5 years worth of penalty at 50% dayrate.  Yup a very large cheque.  Even our warm stacking rates are eye watering as not just the Operating Expenditure (like crew and fuel) to consider.  I'll not quote ours but that has helped soften our blow.

6th Generation by the way is the almost the latest technology for drilling in10,000 ft water (3,000 m) and 7th are the new builds some of which are for deepest water depts for drilling around 12,000 ft or 3,650m.  i.e. the start point.  We drill a few Km beyond that.