free hit
counters
What made you happy today? - Page 90 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

BIG diamond ring. Might work.........

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

It's winter - and the esprit still needs a run very week or so.

Went into the garage - the battery turned it over barely - but enough to start! Yippee best get a battery conditioner on order me thinks.

A nice run should charge her up just nice - so took the esprit for a run up to visit my daughter who's in Birmingham hospital.

oooh a spot of kfc on the way - parked nose facing uphill - off to kfc. Yum slurp fooood. Get back into car - start it - yep it's low on fuel should have filled up at the garage I just past at 99.7 - stalled - start again - stall - start again - give it the beans and down the road she goes - note to self - never park nose up when low.

park at the hospital - off to visit. 2hrs later come back out - oh bollox which fool left those headlights on......... In we get - flip the key - oh dear not a thing. However - since the car parks on a hill I very sensibly parked nose down - facing the road to the overspill car park. Rolly rolly down hill - bumpy bumpy bump start - result. Donut round the carpark and on way home we go.

Roundabout just outside kingsheath - come off the roundabout and hit the go peddle a little bit too hard - oooh - that's lively very nearly a @swindon_alan moment arse kicking left then right - then get it back in a line and drive a wee bit more carefully home. Fill up at the next petrol station at 107.3!!!

on the plus side - now back home - one very uneventful day - car in the garage looking pretty and very much desiring some new tyres.

wife asks - have a nice trip - I reply - yeah it was ok

• Like 2

Only here once

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Roundabout just outside kingsheath - come off the roundabout and hit the go peddle a little bit too hard - oooh - that's lively very nearly a @swindon_alan moment arse kicking left then right - then get it back in a line and drive a wee bit more carefully home. Fill up at the next petrol station at 107.3!!!

You take it easy on those wet roundabouts, Mr K. There's a big sign with lots of pound notes on the front waiting for you if you're not careful...

And get those ****ing tyres changed!

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Very nice :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

19 minutes ago, forge197 said:

We had a great drive out today in our MX first time been able to have some fun on clear roads for a decent length of time rather than a local B roads,  and its brilliant, topped with a great Lunch in Rhyd Du a nice Monday off, Great Roads, Car, Company and Food :)

DSC08445_zps7ybujhpq.jpg

You will get stopped with a number plate like that :P

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

Planning consent refused again.........

however this time with only one reason which can be sorted with a tweak of the plans.

so all in all - I'm remaining positive - 3 planning applications going in Wednesday!

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Wish it was - no it's for 3 barn conversions under the new class q rules.

they've been putting me through the mill over the last year - but we are now getting to a more sensible place with the last refusal. 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Mot passed on the esprit.

needed to fit the missing engine mount bolts though........I knew I have had a knocking sound the last couple of drives - whoops

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Had the wife's little M100 out for a spin today. Just reminded me of how cracking a little car it is to drive. Great fun. Only wish the S3 was not in hibernation ith this fine weather we hare having.

I'm goin' with (cough)Rubbish!(cough). :P 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 2 weeks later...

Great day.  New Years Eve and it's going to be 39 Deg today.  Started off with a quick trip to the beach with the kids (8am and 31 deg), which luckily is at the end of our street.  :-)    and then came back for a rinse off.  Kids are having a big NYE pool party tonight.

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017