free hit
counters
Down but hopefully not out - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Down but hopefully not out

Best wishes Mike

The best job you can do is the one you only have to do once so dont be in a hurry to cobble things up and get going again, these are only short term fixes. Besides sometimes you need thinking time to get new perspective on the old issues.

Take care

Ralph

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get well soon Mr Kimberely. Please dont over do it when you are home.It was a pleasure to have met you .Best wishes from all of my family............Mike Mel Claudia.......... Thanks for making Fantastic Cars. TAKE CARE MR K.

Mike,

Good luck and best wishes.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Not much worse/more painful than a knackered back! Fingers crossed that all goes OK this weekend.

Best wishes for a quick recovery. Not sure if you've ever understood the meaning of 'take it easy' though. (no offence meant at all :D )

Ian

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Good luck Mike, hope its not long before you're BACK in the community...but you need to understand the concept of "too soon" and avoid it. Overtly planning on just a 3 day outage for major backbone chassis work doesn't sound like my experience of Lotus! :D

Huge :P for keeping doing all you do.

Regards

Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I hope everything Went Well Mike, wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Dave 'Dodgy'

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Thanks Tony,

All the best Mike, I did an L5/S1 last year and had the operation. The post-op 7 days is not so much fun, but the discomfort should turn off at 7 days (really strange). Don't plan anything - just focus on your health.

Also, take the rehab couple of week’s course if they recommend it - hydrotherapy, stretching, healthy food - it's all worth it.

I'm an executive (not quite a CEO but...), and the thing I learned was to take some of the advise I have been handing out for the last 25 years - "dont put work first etc". In fact, if you don't take the advise, the troops think you are one-sided.

A great time to catch up on those DVD movies you missed for the last 5 years! Get well soon.

Iain

Brisbane, Australia.

So he had the operation yesterday evening and as I walked in this morning to see him there's a commotion going on. It seems that one MJK was trying to answer e-mails and SMS's from work and the nurses didn't think he should be. I took the phone off him sent one back for him and then sent messages to them all saying he's recovering so please don't contact him till next week and then turned his phone off.

He's a bloody idiot who won't stop working and he'll end up doing himself another injury.

Anyway. Just to let you all know he's on the mend and in hospital till monday.

Cheers for the messages I'll print them off Monday and take round to him.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

All the best Mike for a speedy recovery. Let someone else do the work for a bit. Push it too soon and you'll end up taking longer to recover.

Another Aussie,

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Just caught up with this thread. Bad backs are the curse of tall people. I am amazed to think that Mike turned up at the 60th in an Elise, a car that's notoriously difficult to get into and out of.

I do hope he follows doctors' instructions and makes a full recovery rather than rushing and messing everything up. I hope he treats his back as a mechanical device that needs a set maintenance schedule that is ignored at ones peril. Typical that he waited until after the 60th anniversary celebration before sorting himself out but that's enough. Kimbers, tell him to sit at home and use this as an opportunity to see who can take over from him when retirement finally beckons.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

An update Kimbers.

How's your father?

Michael.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

:) Some things don't change!

I just called him, he's home but had to be quick as he was hosting a board meeting via a conference link!!

So much for relaxing. At least he can't travel for at least 4 weeks so he won't be able to physically screw himself up, but I know he would be in work if he could.

He wanted me to thank everyone for all the get well soon messages and your concerns.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)