free hit
counters
Lotus Sale - Page 3 - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Sale

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted :thumbup:

Just got back from Hethel with an empty car... Had turned up at the factory at 7:30am with the aim of picking up a new set of S4 wheels - was 2nd in the queue once we were shown in by the marshal only to find out that there were no rear wheels left (the list said 5 in stock).

I don't really see what else I could have done to give myself a better chance :thumbup: Oh well.. them's the breaks, just a shame I wasted 4 hours and 1/4 tank of petrol...

-Ben

Edited by lemoncurd

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

DOH! Sunday?????

Graham, me and Andy are off down the club tonite to play some pool and drink it dry!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Anthony, :thumbup: i know you want (or you be able ) to drink an gamble the whole night -but what's wrong with your PM-box !?

Did you notice my message??

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

Hi,

Attended the Lotus sale on Saturday, wasn't going to go, but mu brother-in-law fancied going so I said OK. So while at the sale we decided to go over to the Classic Team Lotus open workshop event, which was very interesting. In a way it was nice not so many people attended the sale as the CTL was very quite so it was very pleasant to work around and view the cars, also for taking photo's. Obviously for Lotus the sale hasn't perhaps been as successful as they had wished, but I'm sure another will be planned some time in the future. I finally got Alan's DVD - Esprit, Addiction For Life from the Club Lotus tent, they had sold out of copies when I attended Donnington earlier in the year, so I have now watched it and it was a very enjoyable watch, just need to pull my finger out and get mine finished!

So some pictures from the weekend, CTL.

DSCF2502.jpg

DSCF2489.jpg

DSCF2490.jpg

DSCF2473.jpg

DSCF2472.jpg

DSCF2471.jpg

DSCF2478.jpg

DSCF2481.jpg

DSCF2482.jpg

DSCF2486.jpg

DSCF2495.jpg

Owen

FYI, before the sale Lotus set their sights on 100 ticket sales (people queueing up with numbered tickets). They exceeded that by a large amount and then had 100 auto jumble sales on top of it as well. Overall they and I would consider that a large success.

oh and FYI yes I got slaughtered both nights......Well it only happens once a year! :)

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

June next year :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Nice to see you again too Dave.

As Bibs says, watch this space.

I think a few of us commented about items being on ebay pretty soon after the sale, not sure if these items came from the sale, but.

At the auto jumble I purchased two of these, (both LHS, but to convert is very simple), at

Just to say thanks to all for attending, it was great to see so many of you.

Personally i do hope that the vast majority of the parts are now tucked aways in owners garages for their own use and not immediately up for resale. The idea of this is to get these directly to the owners to help keep all these great cars on the road, not just Esprits but all the cars we had sale bits for.

I'm glad the semi 'on-line' way of doing the orders worked and we found it so much more efficient to pick the orders and hopefully you did not have to wait too long!

Bibs/Kimbers thank you both for your kind help with getting this together i will make sure me and Mrs Gooner are available for a small tincture on the next Hethel event.

Finally if you missed it, the list will be updated and on the 60th site within 10 days so you can see what's left.

We only had one issue and that was Sunday after we closed! a +2 Elan owner needed some help which we gladly gave him, sadly his car was not able to be fixed so one of the ASO gang took him and his son home only to find out he's an Esprit owner too!

Our best wishes to you all.

:)

Parts Supplying Lotus God

I can see the benefits of the semi online way of doing things - in that it tries to minimize the effect of people buying items just to profiteer on eBay.

I guess my only criticism would be that for the items where there is not much stock it turns the sale into a bit of a gamble. It is not a short journey up to the factory, and to do that only to find the part you wanted has run out is frustrating. In my case, I had been waiting since 7:30am, was 2nd in the queue and yet was still ticket number 7 and the rear S4 wheels had gone by then - I can only presume they had gone before the general public got a chance at getting them.

I wonder if it would be possible to combine the best of both worlds by operating some sot of pre-order scheme through the forums. You could tie orders to usernames, and would have some sort of hope of identifying the stuff that comes up on ebay. In addition, it would provide some sort of guarantee that those of us after bits won't have a wasted journey.

-Ben

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Talking about e-bay, there's some really nice lotus pens on there that Neil is selling. I have one myself and they are top quality!

In regards to andy's query about heading off the buy and sell brigade, it's my understanding that Gooner and his team will start e-baying some items after Christmas, until then they are concentrating on goods that can be bought as presents......love the knitted hats BTW Neil!

You're from the Marketing dept., eh?? :)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Nope, I helped set up their e-bay account :)

I do think it would be better if you could reserve parts though as it is a real pain if you have treked all the way there to be told they don't have it especially if your second in the Q.

I disagree with the ebay bit, if someone wants to travel to the factory and buy stuff and then put it on ebay thats up to them, they got up and made the trek and put the effort in.

It's no diiferent from people on here selling parts etc from wrecked cars.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Chris - The sale is for owners to get parts for their cars cheaply directly from the factory. Selling stuff on ebay isn't in the spirit of the sale, it's not there for that reason. If Lotus wanted to shift parts to speculators, they would do that directly but they don't, they offer us a chance to save some money instead.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

In my case, I had been waiting since 7:30am, was 2nd in the queue and yet was still ticket number 7 and the rear S4 wheels had gone by then - I can only presume they had gone before the general public got a chance at getting them.

Feel for you bud, I wanted those wheels too, price similar to getting my existing ones refurbed. However after stocks dwindled on the revised lists from 15 rear wheels to 5 (ie just 2 sets) I decided it wasn't worth the risk of a wasted day &

Edited by LooseCannon

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

PS how can you possibly be no2 in the queue and ticket no7?

Not sure! :) but I followed the Marshall in when they let us in at 09:00am (we weren't allowed past the gate until then :) ) so I know I was second of the "general public".

Edited by lemoncurd

Lemoncurd

factory.jpg

Ben,

I was after you in the "queue" but got ticket 5 - the guy that served me was just quicker than your guy. It wasn't one person serving No1, second serving No2 etc, but a wee bit haphazard. I spoke to Neil (Gooner) about this yesterday - next time we will be fed into line using the type of thing you get at airports etc when entering baggage search areas. Much better idea, and it wasn't mine I hasten to add!

Dave.

Yes its on the site listed at the begining of the post. and you can now reserve them and pick up at your dealers!!!!, So why did people have to trek up there the other weekend?

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

There are lots of parts no longer on that list, people that did trek up there got them first.

Evora NA