free hit
counters
Did all the Canadians go into hibernation? - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Did all the Canadians go into hibernation?

88ESPRIT

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we've been waiting for other people to post their pictures from the trip. I know we saw non-Hatters taking photographs......

Hi John!

I have pictures but dont know how to post onto the forum. Some of my pictures didnt turn out as good as I hoped, but I do have a couple of good ones from the dash of my car following yours! I'll try and figure out how to do it and get them on.

It was too rushed when we did stop, not enough time to set up for some good pictures. Maybe next time.

Tie,

There are Esprits around Canada for sale, although some are expensive, there are a few that arent priced to bad that I have seen. Keep looking! Talk to John on the postings above, he has a beautiful S4 for sale.

With the economic situation turning into the crapper in the U.S., there may be some good deals coming up even with the exchange rate being what it is. Keep looking!

LOL!!! I know nobody has really been posting in the Canada forum part... However, we do post elsewhere.. .The Canada section intention is just for meet and greets... Perhaps we should change that?? Bibs -- What do you think of putting double links in to the Canada forum so that all the Canadian projects are shown in the LEF Canada section? There are currently several Canadian project cars on the go right now... here is a small list of what I can think of off the top of my head:

John's V8 is getting a chargecooler upgrade and Radiator upgrade etc...

My car is under massive restoration

Serge is going to be doing some stuff to his car this winter

Wally? I can't recall his name... but he's got a white S3/S2 that he's been working on in Kelowna I think

Richard in Calgary (a fellow car salesman) is going to be doing some exhaust and header work to his S1 this winter

There's a guy who's name totally escapes me in Quebec, putting a v12 into the back of an Esprit

Steve Doporto is also doing a chargecooler upgrade and full engine build to his V8

Steve Casey and Paul will be upgrading their turbos this winter on their V8's

And that's just to name a few!

Perhaps we should do some sort of Canadian link setup then eh?

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

I'm with Garry :)

If you think the projects are only of interest to Canadians (which I don't think is the case) then they can go in here, otherwise for wider appeal they need to stay in the specific section for them. I don't think many people will check regional area sections for tech info and interesting posts so you'll be missing 90%+ of the audience who like to keep up to date with your spannerings.

These regional sections are aimed at meet arrangements but as seen in the USA section they can also be used for localised chat ('know a dealer in LA?' for example).

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

im sure they all understand that and i think what mark was trying to suggest was that there be some way for each country or group to find the projects being done by the members of their country or group

which is why i think mark or el presidente should PM all the canadians and tell them to make an update or something in the canadian thread so its easier to find and all you would need to do bibs is tell the moderator to leave it alone

Mark,

My winter projects will become more interesting in the next year or two, when I decide to put something into this car thats going to make everyone say "holy fu..". I have had a few discussions with my ol' drag racing Buddies.......oh oh, some crazy stuff being discussed.

I like keeping the canadian section uniquely Canadian, but at the same time, let 'em all look if they want.

Edited by 88ESPRIT

New Canadian to the forum environment. Black 95 S4s ( and a George Fejer cstom built Seven). Cars are just being "put to bed"for winter. Considering punched rotor and exhaust upgrade to the esprit. Anyone know if the rotor swap is relatively straightforward?

depends on which "punched" rotors you're planning on putting in?

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.