free hit
counters
Speaking of Transaxles... - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Speaking of Transaxles...

f1karting

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the scrapyards!

Lotus did make a thing (even in the service notes) that the UN1 was severely modified, casting material and all, so don't even think about using the Renault item.

But unless you've strapped a bottle of nitrous, a Turbo Esprit should be quite happy with a Renault 25 box. Adam Gumbier is the man to ask on the details (not sure if he's on LEF but definitely on UKLotusEsprit).

May: DON'T hit it with a hammer!

Clarkson: Why?

May: Cause it's the tool of a pikey.

Try the scrapyards!

Lotus did make a thing (even in the service notes) that the UN1 was severely modified, casting material and all, so don't even think about using the Renault item.

But unless you've strapped a bottle of nitrous, a Turbo Esprit should be quite happy with a Renault 25 box.  Adam Gumbier is the man to ask on the details (not sure if he's on LEF but definitely on UKLotusEsprit).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks..

I have located a couple of 369s in scrap yards. However, my first prepference is for a UN1-26 or 27 with the RH shift. Then anything newer than UN1-13, then the 369.00 series

I believe the Renault 25 version is probably fine.. I actually highly doubt that Lotus did any such "severe modifications" .. I believe its been a ploy by Lotus to suck us into thinking that only the lotus supply is any good for these cars.

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..

various un1 transaxles come up on uk ebay from time to time..:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the lead.. Ill follow up on that... any idea what the final drive ration is on that box? Apparently its UN1-021

If you set no goals you shall surely reach them..