free hit
counters
Espritless - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
USAndretti42

Espritless

I have joined what seems to be a growing number of members who have sold their car. :(

On Thursday the transporter arrived to take it back to California where it can spend its days back in dry air. I didn't wave it goodbye as I wasn't in town at the time. I had to do that the day before. It was all nice and clean and shiny and looked a treat although it will probably look a right mess, covered in dust and dirt, when it arrives at its destination near San Diego.

I'm sure it's gone to a good home and will get plenty of love and attention lavished on it by it's new owner, Stewart. :)

Now I'm saving for another Lotus although I haven't decided which but I don't expect to be buying for a year or two. In the meantime I will miss the little supercar and all the looks if got and the conversations it started and, well, just the fun of driving it but it's better that it goes to someone who can spend time on it to keep its maintenance schedule up to date and not have it sat in the garage too much and enjoy it more than I have had time to do recently.

I'll still be around here, of course, as this has become more than just a bunch of Esprit owners but a community instead. I suppose I need to think of a new user name as I am no longer the owner of number 42 but that can wait for now. Don't want to cut my ties with the car too soon. :)

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I think its always sad to see them go. Its strange the attatchments we get to our cars, but totally understandable with an Esprit.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Good luck, Trevor...and good luck to the car, too! Glad to see you'll still be infesting this bit of cyberspace from time to time...it's as addictive as the cars themselves!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I have joined what seems to be a growing number of members who have sold their car.

I wonder why this is happening more & more? is it because the cars need more attention as they get older and unless your handy with a wrench/spanner things get expensive very quickly.

Stick araound Trevor! I'll still need some of your advice!

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Congratulations and commiserations on the sale Trevor, you can't have one without the other here I think! I hope to see Stewart on here soon too!

Any plans for what will be in the garage instead?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Sorry to see another one go Trevor. But like me needs must hey?!

Hey! If we all sell our cars we'll double the number of members on the Forum as none of us want to leave what has become more than just an Esprit Forum (as you said).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Do you have contact with Stewart,the lucky new owner?If so,tell him to get his but on here as well! Alot of guys down in San Diego area bring there cars to a Saturday morning event called cars and coffee in Irvine O.C.(centered between Los Angeles and San Diego).It would be nice to see another Esprit there....Take care

Trevor - anytime you want to hitch a ride at one of our events, please don't hesitate to ask. You are more than welcome to get your Esprit fix that way :unsure:

Thanks for the kind comments, folks. I may take you up on that offer, Russ, if I am around when you are having a meet.

I intend for Stewart to sign up on here. The car was shipped with a Lotus Esprit Forum sticker in the glove box to get his interest.

I don't know what I will be replacing it with. It could be turbo Esprit or an Elan or a +2 or an Elise or a M100. I do intend to get another Lotus sometime but probably not for a year or so. I'm going to take my time to find something I really want rather than jump to replace the Esprit straightaway else why would I have sold it in the first place. I keep switching from the idea of a project car to something modern needing little maintenance.

Thanks for the kind comments, folks. I may take you up on that offer, Russ, if I am around when you are having a meet.

I intend for Stewart to sign up on here. The car was shipped with a Lotus Esprit Forum sticker in the glove box to get his interest.

I don't know what I will be replacing it with. It could be turbo Esprit or an Elan or a +2 or an Elise or a M100. I do intend to get another Lotus sometime but probably not for a year or so. I'm going to take my time to find something I really want rather than jump to replace the Esprit straightaway else why would I have sold it in the first place. I keep switching from the idea of a project car to something modern needing little maintenance.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE