free hit
counters
Car Cover for Fibreglass Body -Good idea or not? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Car Cover for Fibreglass Body -Good idea or not?

Is a cover for the Fibreglass body a good idea or not???? :)

I plan to use it when the car is in storage in the garage over the Winter to keep the dust off. I also plan to use it when I go to Le Mans next year incase it rains like this year - so the cover in mind will be a watertight fitting waterproof one.

Your thoughts and comments will be much appreciated...............

Edited by stephenwhyte

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fitted one for my Elan, but not water proof, I would have reservations about a water proof one, unless the vehicle was bone dry it would be like parking it in a green house. I's stick with a soft cloth, elasticated around the circumference. If Le Mans is a problem, buy a bigger tent.

Roger :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I think by waterproof you mean rain proof, which doesn't mean it's not breathable, in which case you should be able to avoid the issues mentioned above.

If you plan to use it outside and it's not protected from the wind, get one with straps to secure it, just having it elasticated to pull in at the bottom will not stop the wind ripping it off the car.

Never had a problem with mine - dont be tight on it though, spend the money and get a decent one with a soft inside lining and make sure it is breathable.

My GT3 spent most of this year under one, take the cover off and it often suprises me how clean it looks.

If you can get one that has special 'ears' for the wing mirrors.

facebook = [email protected]

I had one for my car. It was an outside cover, fully weather proofed but breathable. The interior has a soft velvety feel and it was fitted. If you are going to buy one do it right and spend at least

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

To help has been discussed in a variety of forms in the following threads

topic 1

topic 2

topic 3

topic 4

topic 5

topic 6

topic 7

topic 8

topic 9

topic 10

topic 11

topic 12

I found these by typing "car cover" in the search box at the top right. Include the quotation marks in a search if you want this phrase.

hope it helps

Alex

Well done Alex.....Being a mod shoulda thought of that myself! :D

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)