free hit
counters
Final Edition 2004, finally! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ifly

Final Edition 2004, finally!

Just purchased a 2004 "Final Edition", been waiting 31 years since the first glimpse of that S1 in the "Spy who loved me".

Picked it up in TX from the 2nd owner, the girl has been babied and well looked after unlike some of the ones I have looked at over the years. She drove perfectly without a hiccup the 1200 miles from TX to CO over 2 days.

Interesting the way the cops seemed to check out the car 3 times, not sure if the car was not registering on radar or they were just interested or both!

Will post as I have questions.

Bob.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Bob,

Congratulation an acquiring the car. Good to hear that you did 1200 miles without a hiccup. Must have been one hell of a road trip. In the UK we consider a 350mile trip as eventful.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter,

Thanks for the welcome. Being English I know what its like in any car making a 350 mile trip. Many a time I have been stuck on the M6/1/25/2 in a crappy Vauxhall or Ford waiting for the tow truck!

I must say I was reticent about doing it and my wife was expecting a call from "where the F*%#, Kansas" with an oops story but everything worked out. Will check her out for leaks before I leave for Orlando tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Bob.

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

Well found Bob. The Final Edition will always be sought after. Dont stint on the routine maintenance, and use it regularly and he car will be a constant source of smiles. Most of us here are convinced that the fragile reputation has only come about through those who only get their car out of the garage twice a year and/or wont/cant afford to service it properly.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Well found Bob. The Final Edition will always be sought after. Dont stint on the routine maintenance, and use it regularly and he car will be a constant source of smiles. Most of us here are convinced that the fragile reputation has only come about through those who only get their car out of the garage twice a year and/or wont/cant afford to service it properly.

Took some negotiating but got a really good price for the market and the quality of the car I finally got. I think it will keep its value slightly better and hopefully as time goes on will at least stabilize at a reasonable value. The dealer whose facility I had it checked at thought there might only be 32 "Final Editions" as he heard someone on the East Coast decided to wrap one around a telephone pole a few months ago!

It has been serviced and pampered and that will continue, just have to fix the valance scrape that occurred yesterday when I had a senior moment and forgot where the front of the car was in relation to the curb. Its only the small one that attaches to the rubber but it will get fixed over the winter while the car is laid up.

Congrats and welcome! What TORTURE to have to have the car"laid up" for the winter just after purchase :D You should drive it out here to Cali. for the winter :) PICS PLEASE!!!

Edited by socal450

Having lived in SoCal for 13 years I can see the allure, however living in Denver I would prefer the car gets exposed to the right weather conditions.

As soon as I get back from Florida at the end of the week I promise I'll post some nice pics!! :D

1200 miles from TX to CO over 2 days.

What kept you ??

Welcome B)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Welcome Bob,

There cant be that many Final Editions, well done in finding a good one.

Nothing like the long road trip home after purchase, mine was around 1500km but I wont say how long it took :D

Pics man, we need pics.

not sure if the car was not registering on radar

So its got the graphite absorber paint option too?

Brilliant news Bob and looking forward to those pictures.

I am very envious of not only your car but your Road Trip. It's on my list of want to do's.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Welcome Bob,

There cant be that many Final Editions, well done in finding a good one.

Nothing like the long road trip home after purchase, mine was around 1500km but I wont say how long it took :)

Pics man, we need pics.

So its got the graphite absorber paint option too?

Thanks, great road trip. Excellent ride and yes the car appears to be invisible to radar, this was nearly confirmed when I went through a construction zone and the radar detector was going nuts, the vehicle about 400 yards in front of me registered 57 mph a good 150 feet away from the sign, the sign finally registered me at around 50 feet. Maybe its the low profile + fiberglass +frame size?

Pics will be provided when I get back from Florida this weekend!! Promise!!! (Will give me a chance to clean off the car too:-))

Brilliant news Bob and looking forward to those pictures.

I am very envious of not only your car but your Road Trip. It's on my list of want to do's.

Thanks, as noted above it was well worth it to do the road trip!

Edited by Hunt

Believe me when I say the car is not invisible. I have the tickets to prove it.

Maybe I have the Klingon bird of prey cloaking device fitted! Wasn't that one of the upgrades for the '04's? :)

Believe me when I say the car is not invisible. I have the tickets to prove it.

well, mine is ... sort of ...

Got a speeding ticket some time ago : in a tunnel where 90 km/h is allowed, I did 118 after all corrections ; luckily they didn't catch me on the rest of the trip (constantly +160 km/h iso 120, but perfect conditions)

Got the paper saying I was speeding, I would get a speeding ticket and a bank transfer number to pay, but now 3 months later still NOTHING :)

- Nulla tenaci invia est via -

OK, for all you punters looking for pics here you go!

Taken on the Continental Divide near Fairplay Colorado USA.

Had a Check Engine light come on but it seems it was caused by altitude 5280ft to 11,000ft then down to 5280 within 25 minutes. Cleared after engine restart!

Enjoy.

post-3282-1227492373.jpg

post-3282-1227492423.jpg

post-3282-1227492441.jpg

post-3282-1227492452.jpg

She's a beauty allright! What color interior? Neeed engine pics.

:dizzy: Me bad! It was a 3 minute stop for pics and it was 37 degrees Farenheit with a windchill factor of -10 degrees so it was not good to hang around outside for too long, will post engine pic and a quick interior shot of the magnolia interior.

Thanks for the compliment on the car though.

Interior, top of engine and front left.

post-3282-1227494102.jpg

post-3282-1227494111.jpg

post-3282-1227494120.jpg

post-3282-1227494128.jpg

post-3282-1227494136.jpg

Ok you got me! What's a Magnolia interior? Dark green?

Whoops, guess I didn't scroll down enough. That color is is close to my M6's Lotus White. Blue piping? Love the carbon fiber.

Very nice, it still looks new!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

but it seems it was caused by altitude 5280ft to 11,000ft then down to 5280 within 25 minutes.

Just goes to prove that the wing on the V8 actually works then :D

Do like that interior, looks brand new.