free hit
counters
Oil Cooler lines - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi guys,

Have any of you had to replace the oil cooler lines on your car? I just finished installing my engine and now I have a leak in one of the hoses that runs from the oil filter assembly to the oil coolers. It looks like this is going to be a nightmare to replace.

Did you use stock Lotus hose or did you get an aftermarket one?

Thanks,

Spunbearing

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'handmade' aftermarket -from an truck/hydraulic service shop. I's the fastest an easy way to get new pipes (on the plus side is you can ask if it is possible to get steel armed pipes -instead of the plastic/nylon armed ones...) .

I made an pictured documentation (bud the image host is down !?) in my engine fred. Mike can also offer you some pics and there is an topic (from Canadian owners - http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...19113&st=45 ->post59 !) in the Project section were you can see also the situation inside the main frame. After all it is easy if you know how to get in the frame (by dismantle of the middle section/gear lever assembly).

Edited by G

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

It's quite a job!

However, it can be done with everything in situ. Probably the fiddliest part is threading the pipes through the car's central-backbone part of the chassis. This can be eased if only a liitle by a string attached to the end of each old pipe that is being removed and the front of each new one being installed.

The other major problem of course is possible fracturing of unions on the oil cooler.

Good luck.

mention that both pipes are originally tied together as a pair, and together with the other pipes in the frame !! :)

so you need to open the gear lever area to get access with your arms.... .

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, can someone give me the specs (fitting type, size and oil hose ID and OD) of the oil cooler hoses (2001 US V8)? I have a small leak near the oil filter housing and intend to repair the leak before having to replace both hoses. Thanks

Guest modifiedv8engines

Hi

May be worth checking out aeroquip, goodrich or a hydraulic hardware company as there may be an adapter/joiner you can use to mend damaged pipes. Oil cooler lines run relatively low pressure and I have seen on some applications ie remote oil filter kits, just standard xmas tree type fittings with a couple of jubilee clips.

Should work but ask a specilaist to be on the safe side

Cheers

Paul