free hit
counters
[Sold]Sport 350 **SOLD via LEF** - Cars/Parts for sale - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

[Sold]Sport 350 **SOLD via LEF**

Daniel

As some of you know, my sport 350 suffered an engine failure out at the nurburgring, suspected cylinder liner resulting in coolant escaping into a combustion chamber.........

I've decided to accept cash offers as it stands....i.e. needing an engine rebuild.

I've still got the Exige, and the Caterham R500, and realistically thinking about it, the house extension has to take priority so the 350 will have to sit in the garage which would be a crying shame.

So...the car....well known cat D repaired and bought by me a year ago.

Make me an offer, I can only say no, but it's a great oportunity to own a sport 350 for little money.

Rest assured it will get repaired in due course if not sold, but it's just a couple of rungs down the ladder atm.

PM or e-mail me for details..

[email protected]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAT D is the least serious form of insurance write off. Normally through expensive bodywork damage. If it was Chassis damage it would be a lower CAT. Here in the UK cars are written off by insurance companies for many reasons but normally at around 50% repair cost of the car, as valued by trade books (CAP/Glasses).

All parts are priced new when a repair is looked at, and availability is very important, as if there are no parts available the car can be written off all together. This would be a CAT D and then you could get some secondhand parts and repair it on the cheap!

But lets not forget car valuations. For example my Wifes 4 year old Kia books at

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Hi Robert,

Just incase there's you are not fully aware, this car has been repaired by previous owner and Danny (new owner) has been using this car until the engine popped.

Car is based in Lancs/W.Yorkshire

Dave Walters

• 3 weeks later...

Cat D cars can be a real bargain. I bought a Cat D car once that was only declared so as it stopped in a flooded road. The water filled up to the bottom of the footwells. The local main dealer gave the insurers an invoice for a new engine and complete new interior (full leather!)...hence they made it a D.

The car was dried out / all engine fluids changed etc - fired up no problems and there absolutley zero interior marks/damage/odours etc etc.

30K later and I was still smiling !