free hit
counters
Coolant change suggestions... - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Coolant change suggestions...

OK I need to partially drain the system to remove some of the pipes and stuff on the cooling system to take it all off.

I've read the proceedure of re-filling and it seems too easy, has anyone tried it and if so what did you do right / wrong. This is on the single tank (combined chargecooler/header) Esprit.

Also what have people found to be a good anti-freeze to put in ?

Frost's also make an addative to stop corrosion and also increase the heat transfer...worth putting in ?

Any help appreciated, I really dont wanna c0ck this up <_<

My last 2 renault 5 turbo's both suffered from air locks and it was always a problem.

facebook = [email protected]

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I remeber Autoexpress doing a product test on Antifreeze not that long ago, and Holts came out miles ahead for corrosion protection and oerformance. It always stuck in my mind as it showed that too high a concentration can be as corrosive as having none. That was an eye opener, I always thought the more the merrier! <_<

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Don't mix different types of coolant. Use something that has the same colour as what you already have in there.

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!