free hit
counters
silicone turbo hoses - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
x6gas

silicone turbo hoses

Anyone know where I can get a silicone t-piece turbo hose to fit the re-circulating BOV?

Tried Demon Tweaks, but they're out of stock.

Needs to be red (choosy about colours!), 51mm ID (I think), 25mm "t" and at least 70mm in length.

Cheers, Ian

Edited by x6gas

Ian

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Anyone know where I can get a silicone t-piece turbo hose to fit the re-circulating BOV?

Needs to be red (choosy about colours!), 51mm ID (I think), 25mm "t" and at least 70mm in length.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try eBay - they always have a selection of new and used.

Search on Samco, T-piece, BOV or Dump Valve

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

So DT runs out after I posted my recipe! BAHAHAHA

(snaps out of it, and is now back to near sanity)

When I did this, Samco was the only manufacturer I found who made a suitable T-hose. Try their dealer directory at http://www.samcosport.co.uk/distributors.asp

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!

I recall Marcus advising me a few years ago to not use silicone in the BOV area as silicone when mixed with gas fumes and ingested by the engine really screws up the O2 sensor. Not sure if this was in reference to silicone spray to lube the BOV or hose. I would check with Marcus on this subject.

Calvin

I recall Marcus advising me a few years ago to not use silicone in the BOV area as silicone when mixed with gas fumes and ingested by the engine really screws up the O2 sensor. Not sure if this was in reference to silicone spray to lube the BOV or hose. I would check with Marcus on this subject.

Calvin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks - the original coupler hoses for the chargecooler (including the turbo to chargecooler) are silicone (to handle the heat) so I am pretty sure that it should be OK.

I can understand why silicone lubricant would be a bad idea....

Marcus - any comment?

Ian

I wouldn't worry about silicone hoses, they are commonly used for charge air. Silicone spray, on the other hand, I'm told is good for generally screwing up all things electronic.

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!