free hit
counters
My Esprit - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My Esprit

JASE_ESPRIT_TURBO

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that looks lovely Jase. Very nice.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Nice car Jase, dont see many black ones.

I bought my Pacific Blue 90 turbo on Aug Bank Hol this year, drove it back from Cardiff to Norfolk and loving every minute, but you will have to get used to having a "to do list"

I went to Lotus parts sale this weekend and bought a window motor as my passenger side has never worked, come to that, the drivers side picks and chooses when it does !

But there's little else around to beat it for looks and performance (I think there's probably a few others around here who'll agree)

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well its funny you should mention a "TO DO LIST" because its begun :sofa:

Now, I recently took it to a local and reputable garage to get the engine and box taken out so I can rectifiy the leaking exhaust manifold gaskets and drill out the snapped studs while doing the head gasket for good measure parts bought and handed over to the guys........ good times :wine:

Unfortunately I have today been contacted by phone along with a picture message to confirm the splendid news that the oil is like coffee (head gasket), the clutch is in need of replacement and the header tank has holes all over the place........ bad times :fish:

The bill? with Gasket set, engine removal, cam belt and tensioner, clutch, stainless hand built replacement header, exhaust gaskets, studs brass nuts as well as dizzy cap and other sevicing bits etc

Edited by JASE_ESPRIT_TURBO

Yes, working in the motortrade for 19 years does sometimes have its advantages. :sofa:

Remeber too guys...... always gimme a shout for tyres because I can assure you top service and best price in the Southwest. :vava:

Jase B)

Edited by JASE_ESPRIT_TURBO

always gimme a shout for tyres because I can assure you top service and best price in the Southwest. :sofa:

Jase B)

Does that also apply to Honda's and Runflats on Mini Coopers, and not just Esprits? :vava:

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Welcome to the fold! I always get embarrassed looking at pictures of shiny Esprit's 'cos mine always looks so grubby!

Mind you, it's in for the yearly service and wash at the moment, so might look ok again soon......

Tim B

• 2 weeks later...

Whats in pic 3 in the blue container?

What sort ot timescales do you recon you are looking at then Jase?

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Welcome Jase, I'm also a proud new owner... Presently I'm working on getting my heater to give me heat. I just finished this weekend back flushing the heater and Man was it dirty... Hoping this will fix my problem...

Felix

• 1 month later...

Good point. Any update on the Esprit then Jase? Back on the road yet? If it is let us know and we'll be down for an oggle. :animier: