free hit
counters
Color for new paint - Opinions are welcome! - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Slegs

Color for new paint - Opinions are welcome!

All this making up, I was looking forward to a right slanging match to make things exciting!

...Paul has hit the nail on the head, A late Esprit V8 with Novas and wings etc in white would be perfect!

Bloody hell Dave, there was i about to make your day by slagging you off, and you go

and agree with my post. I can't do it now, it just would not seem right after that would it?

Really?

Oh go on then, as it's nearly Christmas...

"You big prick Dave"

There, Happy now?

:thumbsup:

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My handbag can reach you in Oxford so watch out!

As there's me thinking I was going to get let off the hook.

Lets start a new thread 'why Paul is an arsehole?' Oh better not the site will crash!

Dave Walters

If anyone is going to break the site it's me.

You're a pair of asses, the both of you.

Yeah, erm, no to the green still! Black is nice :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

As to quote Clint Eastwood in the Movie the Rookie. "it's a crime to paint a car in that colour'"

I' do not 100% agree on Clint, but to be constructive, the original Lotus Esprit GT3 Orange colour is really nice.

Especially with the clean spoiler less lines. Or if you like to go the aggressive way, the Mike Sekinger car

of Esprit GT1 most certainly looks the part.

VAN DER LEE Turbo Systems     -      www.vdlee.com

I would like to extend my apologies again to Roger Harris and all the other fine people on this forum.

No need to apologise no offence taken I took your comments in the same light hearted vain as my own. Peace be with you so long as you don't paint it that colour, remove the wing and change the wheels.

Roger :sofa::vava::beer: Indecently I don't like red either, and guess what colour mine is!

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I could only find this video which is posted elsewhere on the site. But it shows a chrome orange F1

http://auto.commongate.com/post/McLaren_F1_delivery_video_

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I could only find this video which is posted elsewhere on the site. But it shows a chrome orange F1

http://auto.commongate.com/post/McLaren_F1_delivery_video_

The orange McLaren F1 LM's were Papaya orange, not Chrome Orange.

The best Esprit color is Vulcan Grey, followed by Mendip Blue, and Azure Blue!

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

What do you all think about this color on the esprit??? This is as close as I could come to Krypton Green in photoshop.... I want opinions even if they are harsh....

:sofa: It's just so wrong!

the only thing that should be green is peoples names at the bottom of threads...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Oh better not the site will crash!

In answer to this, what with the site having gone down 3 times in 4 and a bit years, please scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on 'uptime report' to see how reliable LEF really is!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

depends on the effect your after, i would say black, or matt black will gloss black accessories.

if you go green it really needs to be heavily modded in my opinion, white is a very very "in" colour

but use the new porsche whites not a "normal" white.

and did someone say light blue,,,mmmMMM think thats been done (cough cough), and its not far

off the lambo in the gaydon mueseum even though mine is a pug colour LOL.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Hi,

Personally im not fond of the green colour, as said by others i feel it make the car look to fast and the

furious, I love the colour of my esprit at the moment and because the paintworks still in good order

will probably never get resprayed, well not a full respray anyway.

As for mad colours the only wild colour on an esprit that i have ever liked was the chrome orange

on the gt3, and thats it really due to the gt3 alloys and decals it looks fab, but i would not go

out my way to make a non gt3 model look like that,

As you said you have a lot of exotics round by you, if you paint your car green with chrome alloys

i personally feel they will not look at your car in awe they will probably laugh! and thats not been

nasty.

If it where my car i would probably paint it a sort of dark metallic grey like the new audi paint

colour scheme and have flat coloured or satin black alloys! just my two pence!

The think to remember is wheels make a car in my mind! and if your not 100 percent sure

on a new colour dont rush into to painting a car, it can be a costly mistake!

Regards danny

A

Bear in mind that green cars are politically very correct these days. Even the entire US automobile industry is clinging to the hope that green cars will save their business - and the planet come to think of it.

Go green!

Edited by Atle

lo.jpg

This way to ship models! http://www.modelship...user-index.html

AELLEF_Esprit_27.jpg

EVERYONE KNOWS WHITE IS THE GREATEST ESPRIT COLOR OF ALL TIME!!! Honestly the car would not work in a exotic color without some nice aftermarket wheels like the ones in the picture.The car looks good but there are so many other color choices,that candy orange would look real good and would go with those wheels great! Im in the market for wheels,could you give me some info on them. Please,do not go with the mid wing,it looks decent from the rear view but looks terrible from the side(sorry s4 owners who like it).I love customizing the car to make it my own,please keep us in the loop with storys and photos.....

I bought my first ever white car one month ago but am regreting the color choice big time. White looks fresh, crisp and clean, and really enhances a cars lines imo. But thats the problem - keeping the damn thing clean! Any other color other than white will somewhat hide a proportion of dirt - but not white.

Especially this time of year, with the mud, salt and general chod on the roads - Needs a wash more often unless you like that 'off roading' look.

Agree White does look good, real good, when clean.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

To all the above who are knocking green esprits

Evidence A - Lotus Racing Green.

PICT1456.jpg

Superb.

So can we qualify the green you refer to as - say lime green, glow in the dark green etc not just green. Ta

Disgruntled Lotus Racing Green Esprit Owner.

I like the bright green that Lamborghini uses but that green looks a bit pale. I don't think that's the most flattering angle in that photo.

I was at an event the other week where there were several Ferraris, a Gallardo, NSX's, and GTR's but the Esprits seemed to get plenty of attention. I would say that all you need to do is make sure it's in really good condition, no damaged paint, clean and shiny with a nice interior. Then it will hold its own amongst the other exotica. Rarity value will outshine the glitz of the more modern supercars.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

"Hear, hear!" on the "will hold its own," Trevor.

Alex, tell me that you didn't position your Esprit "just so" in order to have the Lotus emblem on the wheel straight up and down prior to taking the shot. What are the odds? <_<

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Guest Slegs

Alex... What an amazing car you have!!!! That is one of the best looking Esprits that I've seen yet... Kudos!

i ve question to any1 who finished painting:)

i know that is necessary (mby not) undress car, how many parts ll be damaged or destroyed during undressing (i mean planned, like window fitting kits) and necessary to buy new ......... amount of $$ (money) or everything is possible use after undressing?

http://www.lotus-club.cz

lccz_banner.gif

Your 6 is my 12.

http://www.voodoo-world.cz

--------------------------------

Some bits will just be classed as consumables, plastic fir tree clips (so called because they look like fir trees), and window adhesive, but most bits can be re-used, you just have to weigh up time taken to remove them in one piece against time taken to rip them off and replace them with new.

If you try hard, you can minimise the number of components that have to be replaced.

Stickers

Waist line trim (for those vehicles with it)

Removal and hopefully re-use of windscreen (or new one if it breaks)

Various nuts, bolts, screws (you'll loose one or two, some will be worn, other will look tatty)

Trim clips

And that's about it for the absolutely necessary bits.