free hit
counters
Xmas present for Esprit Commemorative No. 11 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Xmas present for Esprit Commemorative No. 11

bo90

Having just celebrated a years ownership of my Esprit I was fortunate to acquire the original 3 piece luggage set which was standard at the time.

Bearing in mind that there are only 7 grey pig skin leather sets in the world I had no option but to spend the family xmas present fund on this unique accessory!

As you can see below the set consists of three pieces. A brief case, a soft hold-all and a portmanteau. The latter unfolds to a free standing mini wardrobe or can be hung on a rail. The rod to hold it upright doubles for a handle to pull it along with. Obviously there are wheels on the bottom and legs to come out for when it is free standing. All

very ingenious and Italian designer made. Lotus supplied the manufacturer with the leather and suede that they used in the car to ensure a perfect match. All is

original, including the green protective covers shown in one of the pictures.

The holdall and the portmanteau were only ever used once and are in pristine condition. The brief case was used on occasions, but is still in very good condition. The pig skin leather and suede are unbelievably soft.

Now the search is on for the original certificate!!

Edited by botus

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice :thumbsup:

How does it looks when fitted in the boot?

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

Oh that is so cool!!! Where did you manage to track them down?

I wish Lotus did luggage for there cars, like other manufactures i.e Ferrari. Lambo. Aston etc

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Very, very cool :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Jimmy not tried it in the boot yet but the pieces are not that large.

Chris, i spotted it on another forum.

Mark, I bought this set from the original owner of one of the grey commemorative cars. Like most owners he obviously kept the set after parting with the car. The luggage is very well made with the softest of leather and internally lined so I can see why they would keep them.

Jimmy not tried it in the boot yet but the pieces are not that large.

I can remember an old picture where the luggage set (obiously) was snug fit in the G-car boot. I was just wondering if it was this set.

...and yes, we are all anoraks!

gatwickshuttle.jpg

Ciao,

JB

It is the set that came with the Commemorative Turbo Esprit HC from 1987.

Edited by botus

Well hell's bells, if we're gonna' have an anorak thread, then here is my offering up to the anorak gods.

This is not the pansyass slip cover used to store the sunroof in the boot. This, ladies and gentlemen, is a Lotus accessory not for the faint of heart. This storage bag is only for the "leave the frigging roof at home in the garage hanging on the wall while I taunt the rain gods and Murphy's Law" owner--the throw all caution to the winds, can't happen to me, I am invincible, rugged "few who who know indifference."

Which is exactly why it will probably never get used, in my lifetime anyway. :sofa:

(brand new [bought in fit of madness by then equally brand new and giggling starry eyed Esprit owner], never been used, virgin "Hardtop Storage System" complete with unopened instruction sheet (suitable for framing) and hanging hardware, possibly destined for Ebay) (just kidding)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

"Hardtop Storage System"

Jeeez, I am deeply impressed! Must be worth a fortune! :sofa:

Ciao,

JB

I can't believe I've actually managed to find let alone get hold of the set, but it had to be done. I am now searching for the original certificate.

Pete, Evora money none existent so unfortunately I've had to spend the esprit MOT and insurance money instead!

Nice one Bo - wondered if anyone actually had these...........

Must dig out my NEC Motor Show photos from '87 with the Red one on the stand.........

I had a similar experience years ago. I completed a restoration on a Fiat X1/9 1300 in Lime Green. Got it back to near concours. Its was a Serie Speciale which came to the UK with Ladder Stripes - Bertone Plaque and fitted luggage which was the only thing that was missing. Came in the same deckchair striped material as the seats. Fortunately in the wallet of paperwork that came with the car was the original sales invoice from the car from 1978. I wrote to the the lady on it who had moved twice (!) since then but was forwarded on - amazingly she still had the two rear Boot bags wrapped in plastic bags intouched in her loft. Reunited with the car for a few quid - was well happy.............

This was the car - loved it and wish I'd never sold it really.......1300 X1/9

wow great shade of green Neil!

I also took a few photos on the lotus stand in 1987, I've only just realised that the red car was one of the commemorative editions. I'll try to post them here.