free hit
counters
Xmas present for Esprit Commemorative No. 11 - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Xmas present for Esprit Commemorative No. 11

bo90

Mind you Bo does this mean theres now another similar Grey HC commemorative minus its Luggage?!!

They were cool versions especially with the combined Suede and leather interior............I just do not like the Special Edition script on the rear wing.........

Edited by nello

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Steve, Happy New Year to you!

Great photo, can't believe you let me wear that sacred jacket. Hope the stitching is in one piece!

Mike Kimberly at the launch of the Lotus Evora,

"These cars will be for the few who know the difference!"

Hi Bo, Thought you might like that photo. See Bazza would be interested in some Essex luggage, no doubt he'll be reading this so over the weekend will go in the "Essex Store" and sort a luggage photo out, although not promising anything on par with your special pig skin luggage. For the time being here's a photo that Bazza might be interested in.

Steve

Barry, Essex luggage and umbrella.

ps Neil, have two Essex jackets can't honestly remember where they came from, had them that long, sure one came from an ex Lotus F1 mechanic. I loaned one out many years ago to Mike Bishop who use to own Essex 011 and still owns Essex 012, the one that's been on Ebay for the last 100 years. His idea was to have some replica's made for his pit crew when he raced his 1980 Essex F1 car but it never happened.

Cheers Steve

Steve

For some reason I can't see the attachment at the moment (site problems?)

Keen on absolutely anything Essex as you know :censored:

The Essex No.12 is Mike Wrigley's and and needs soooo much work despite being described as 'restored'. IMHO it's a tad nery naughty to describe it as restored when it's not roadworthy and simply had a respray inside and out.... :2guns:

Hope you're keeping well

Hi Barry yeah you're correct don't know where I got Mike Bishop from, have a man cold at the moment which as you know is far worse than the female version so not thinking straight at the moment. The attachment wouldn't stay with the post looks ok now. Do you want me to email some of those photo's from the 60th of 004 and 0011 ? I've doctored them, most were very dark, or put them on the forum, will have to shrink them down some are about 2.4meg ?

Steve

Steve

Put them up on the forum - Mine didn't come out very well I'm afraid - as you say it was getting a bit dark..

Love the luggage bag, where did you get it???

Man flu is really bad - some women think it's just a cold - can you believe it?

Barry,

Just remembered Mike Bishop was the Lotus export sales manager back in the late 70's early 80's. Spoke to him when trying to trace the LHD Essex Turbo's - wasn't much help. Far as I remember came from Classic Lotus many many years ago (are you taking note Neil). Never use it full of bubble wrap to keep it in shape.

Cheers Steve

When I visited Classic Team Lotus last year they said that they would be putting out a range of Essex clothing at some point. I understood that to mean when they had built/rebuilt one of the Essex F1 cars that they had in the workshop.

This would probably tie in with the comment about Clive Chapman having a load of Essex kit in a loft somewhere.

Steve / Barrie - Love that gear boys! Still think the Essex colours are fab! Yes noticed on the Classic Team Lotus site they've brought out 'new' ranges of merchandise based on the old gear. Just started some Camel stuff so guess Essex will follow. Original stuff getting rare. Clives 'loft' is full of original left over gear apparently. Paul met him at a Motorsport show when he got talking to one of the ex-mechanics who called Clive over to autograph the DeAngelis book he was buying. He knew Essex No. 17 well...............Apologies still not got round to get some snaps of Pauls car for you - unfortunately he had a family beareavement before christmas but I'll give him a call over the next week or two..............