free hit
counters
F***in COLD! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

F***in COLD!

t70

Wow.. You know how we always brag about how warm it is and dry etc...? Well.. today.. the rest of the world gets to laugh at us... it's -32*C right now... and -39*C with windchill... DAMN IT'S COLD!!!!! Gonna have to plug in the VW Rabbit tonight I think..

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol!!! Must be nice! <_<

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Mark, I do not miss the Canadian Winters at all.... Even though I lived on Vancouver Island the pass 9 years... The London weather is not bad at all... Little less rain and usually the sun comes out a little during the day, not like Victoria. When it starts raining there it rains for a steady 3-4 months....

If you like variety then come on down to Houston. It was in the mid 30's on Wendsday, snowed that night with accumulations of up to 2 to 3 inches in some neighborhoods. Thursday was clear and sunny and warmed up to the mid 50's. Saturday was opercast with spotty showers, temps in the low 70's, with Sunday offering more of the same only slightly warmer and higher humidity.

This morning in Houston the temperature was in the 60's with 100% humidity and by this afternoon we are supposed to be back down in the 40's with chances of rain.

You don't like the weather, wait half an hour.

Wow, -32 *C sounds terrible! We have only -1 just now. And not snow but terrible dark. Been clouded and rainy about 7 weeks now. Today is almost dry. But I was 12 hours at work and no time to take Esprit out.

Mark - You need to move to Florida, it's warmer on the moon y'know!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well :) i could of met you off the planein Calgary Graham,but i am flying back tomorrow.

It hit -35c last night with a wind chill of -49c, my camera was not good enough to take a shot of the sign at night, so this was taken 2 hours ago <_<

DSCN1603.jpg

a little closer....

DSCN1605.jpg

The weather has had its toll already, my Jeep is now dead until we have some relief in the cold snap, and we can get it towed to the workshop.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Mark and Dave, didn't you have to deal with tornados earlier in the year? What a wacky year for Medicine Hat!

What next? A tsunami when the snow melts? <_<

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Temperatures in Banff hit a record for this time of year, the weather channel said it was -41.8c there on Sunday.

Better wrap up warm :rolleyes:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Watching the Ski forcast last night it's going to be a record winter for Skiing with colder temperatures and more snow than for a very long time. You may even be able to Ski in Scotland at some point!!

Must be that global warming. If it continues like this they'll be asking us to pollute more to stop us going into an ice age!! :rolleyes:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

That's pretty nippy, Dave. My wife and I used to stay at the Banff Springs Hotel (Fairmont) each December to ski at Sunshine Village, Mount Norquay, and up the road at Lake Louise (Canada's largest area, I believe). We would always go early in the month to avoid the crowds--just us and the ocassional Japanese tourists--but still be able to marvel at all the Christmas decorations (must have been at least nine fully decked out large trees, just in the hotel itself!). Each year we seemed to discover yet another nook or cranny in that "rabbit warren" of a castle. Realize I'm probably "preaching to the choir."

Today's "trivia fact." Minus 40C is also minus 40F. It's where the graphs "cross." Brrrrrrr.....

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I agree with you about the Banff Springs Hotel, John. It's the closest thing we have to a castle. There are hidden and secret passageways around every turn, and stories of legend and lore....

A truly fantastic place to stay and visit. As the large increase in tourists give testimony to. And those three ski areas each have their own personality, and are now joined by Nakiska, which was the site of the 1988 Olympics. But I do believe the Whistler/ Blackcombe area is Canada's largest ski area now. Site of the next winter Olympics.

Geek and Nerd Facts:

Conversion to Celsius: (Temperature in Fahrenheit - 32) x 5/9

Conversion to Fahrenheit: (Temperature in Celsius x 9/5) + 32

We enjoy going to Banff Springs too, this is probably our 6th or 7th visit so we're almost locals! We can stomp round the place with aplomb, mocking the tourists who bimble about, obviously lost, looking for the elevator back to their room. :evil:

We did a day at Nakiska a few years ago and really enjoyed the complete lack of anybody else being there so don't big it up too much or everybody will want to go! Despite us not getting there at the break of dawn, we managed to be the first skiers down a couple of runs more than once. Fresh tracks. :rolleyes:

Nerdy/trivia: Despite the central location to a number quality ski/board areas, Banff gets more visitors + tourists during the summer months than over winter.

You don't know what you're missing. Kids overexcited, drinks round brothers, then mother in laws, lots of noisy toys and games, 4 hours cooking the Christmas dinner with a hangover, lots of socks and slippers........ :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Need some company? :evil:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

... and just to make it more special, the long range weather forecast suggests this deep freeze might be over by Christmas, with a return to "normal" winter weather !

you cant beat fresh tracks....I once put 17 next to each other on a run in La clusaz some years ago, I was the only person skiing that run for over 2 hours, one of my best skiing days ever..

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

What happened to global warming?

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

"If it isn't leaking, it's empty" - Comment from a British sportscar enthusiast after being made aware of an oil slick under his car

Lotus Car Club Norway (LCCN) - lccn.no

LCCN on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/LotusCarClubNorway/