free hit
counters
Another Redundancy... - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Another Redundancy...

GC1

well yet another job gets lost this week becuse of the 'climate',they must like that word, its so easy for them to use......so If I dont find anything soon then its going to be a sad day to sell the Esprit so if anyone knows of anyone who is thinking of buying an excellent motor then I might start to tenderly think about moving her along.

I'll even sweep roads if our council hadnt lost its money in the icelandic bank loss.

ah well enough ranting...... :rolleyes:

GC1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham.

Really sorry to hear that. I must admit to keeping my Esprit money in my bank in case I need to live off it for a few months! You never know.

Hope you manage to find a job quickly mate. What is it you do?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Sorry to hear your news mate. I'm right slap bang in the middle of it myself right now..

Money officially stops coming 1 month today which is a little daunting as no perminent or gustenteed job is in the pipeline.

Look at the positives, could the the opportunity for a fab career change!

Good luck

Simon

Chunky Lover

sorry about the news matey.....

its been the same for me for the past 3 months....redundant at the end of september....

and its amazing what you can do to make ends meet without too much sacrifice......

Im hoping to find something in the new year but have decided to enjoy christmas and then get to 'it'...

dont be down hearted....be positive...things will change and pick up......

enjoy the festive season....frugally :rolleyes: and I hope you dont need to sell the esprit.....(Id put that down as a final resort)

keep on in there and keep yer chin up....

(and dont get too furious with the ineptitude of the DSS/Job Centre......theyre useless...what do you expect from the civil service)

all the best and good luck

Gareth

Edited by theelanman

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Graham, Simon and Gareth,

Sorry to hear you guys are in a tight situation at the moment. Anybody that is

comfortable at the moment is very fortunate. I think i'm going to be ok, but for

the first time in my life i/we have taken out income protection, as nobody can

say for sure they are safe.

Hoping things turn around for you, and you stay with your cars. That goes for the

rest of our 4000+ members, many of whom statistically must also be in bad times

at the moment.

:rolleyes:

Been made redundant 3 times, the last of which was 6 years ago this week. Its a very uncomfortable position to be in, knowing your last working day/paid day is approaching. It is also a very differant/harder market place today as opposed to 6 years ago so hope things work out for all concerned.

The last time for me, convinced me, that whatever I chose to do, I had to be in control of my future and not somebody else pulling my strings.

Biggest question I needed to answer was - did I want to stay within the same Industry or did I want a complete Industry change. The next question was, what else could I do or learn to do where I could earn at least a similar income.

I'm sure you've all been asking yourselves much the same, but good luck to all.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I know the feeling.

I was called to a meeting in London with all of my colleagues, and another 20 who were from similar roles in another business unit in our group. greeted by somebody from HR who was helping the host. that told us it all there and then. There was of course a 30 mins presentation on how that area was re-structuring and the role we were set to have joined had just lost 50+ people, strangely some still didn't seem to know what was coming next.

I've got some colleagues going to Manchester in Jan, they have to travel there and back in the day, for a one hour meeting, and six months ago they were told the area was re-structuring, but they've heard nothing yet. I wouldn't say it's out of the question for them to be going to a similar meeting. I hope it's not, for their sake.

Hi Graham,

Bad news about your job. If there's anything I can help you with then just ring me or email me.

As for your Esprit, if you have to sell then let me know the details and I'll ask around.

Only trouble is no one is buying Esprits or any other cars at the moment.

In these troubled times, a car is worhtless now unfortunately.

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to sell your Esprit, I would concentrate on looking for a new job.

So what was your line of work? We should start an employment section on this forum. If someone on this forum can get just one job for someone here then I think it's worth it.

Regards,

Dave Walters

Great idea Dave - I second that appeal.

Let's have a section for jobseekers, or people with skills they can sell to the rest of us (I'm hopeless with spanners for example and would happily trust Lottie jobs to some of the expert owners on here rather than the local garages).

Few of us are safe - we've all got a nervous few years ahead I think.

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

Ive been made redundant several time now.....the first time time was 6months after starting my first job......doh!!!!

having now been in the industry for 20+ years its happened several time....the only thing this time is that its the very first time Ive had to ask for 'government help'........and what a farce that is....anyway

I like everyone else hopes this wont continue.....

as Ive said before chin up and give it beans.......self belief is a big part...

we can do it :rolleyes:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

well here is another one, just been told the boss is coming with a letter in the morning...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Bad luck , hope it works out.

I was made redundant 18 months ago I was Network and Comms Engineer in the City.

Now I work for myself making handmade Photobooks. not the best time for setting up a business but hopefully it will work out.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Hi Howard,

Bad news about your job. I hope you get a new job soon. We definately need an emplyment section on this forum! Bibs, can you facilitate this?

I work for myself drawing plans for the construction and it's been dead for past month. No work apart from the odd job. Bad times ahead. I reckon, it will be like this for me for at least next 12 months!

I am trying to think of ways of making some money and have one or two ideas. Like Chris said, it's not a good time to start a new business but Iam going to anyway. It's in partnership with somebody else and hopefully it will bring in a few quid to pay the bills!

Looking at premises as we speak. I can't believe how many are empty but the landlords aren't in any hurry to fill them (prices haven't dropped). It's a buyer's market out there and that includes renting and leasing!

Regards,

Dave Walters

Sorry to hear this Howard. Hope you find work soon.

I think almost all businesses are experiencing real problems at the moment, with their order books drying up. A lot of people I speak to have 1 months work left and then nothing. Really tough times :P.

Sorry to hear that Howard, not good news :P

We can't justify a separate work section on here, this is an Esprit forum after all but I'd be pleased to pin a 'work required/jobs available' topic.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

How about having/starting a really simple list of names and occupations. That way anybody wanting a nickles worth of advice re oppertunities or even basic questions re that industry can PM.

Alot of us will know what some of us do already, but any info is good info for those that don't.

I know there was a thread a couple of years ago on who did what, but I'm just talking about a basic voluntary list of name and current occupation only?

Just a thought.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Sorry to hear your news as well... I got made redundant in late 2006. It led me into taking up work in a totally different field which really improved things for the better. I hope there's light at the end of your tunnel as there was for me.

Keep your spirits up and don't let it ruin your Christmas! :P

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Bloody hell Howard! Sorry to hear about that. Any update?

I think a Topic in General that we could pin would be good. Maybe even a topic for those who work for themselves, sort of a networking Topic. I'm sure there's loads of stuff people do that we could all assist with. For example I need some nice presentation Books for my World War 1 Postcard collection. Maybe you could help with that Chris?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Erm, I posted and pinned the topic yesterday ya doofus!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.