free hit
counters
Some good news - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Some good news

arbell9

Hi all,

I know its not all good news for everyone out there in the workplace, but there are some rays of sunshine still happening and the blue moon rises occasionally.

Today, I got a promotion to Principle scientist. To give you an idea of where this is in the pecking order etc. I am now at band E, and i now qualify for a company funded lease car. I checked today and this might equate to a top spec focus / mini cooper S etc. I can have something more expensive and flashy but i have to dip into my own pocket to pay the extra or just take the cash equivalent instead. Funny no lotuses listed on the scheme?!

We have bands A to F (F being director of large department eg 25-45 people), after this we have the VP scales which has Function VP or Chief Scientist of a function (manages ~150-300), Global Function VP (manages up to 700 people), Senior Exec Team, Board level

SO I think I am four promotions away from running a 35 billion dollar company :ice:

At F you can get onto the mega bonus packages and big juicy salaries, nobody of the ordinary ranks knows what the VPs get but i reckon their salaries must be huge plus lots of share bonues etc.

So I am having a beer to toast my success, hope good luck comes your way too in 2009.

Alex

Edited by Alex --GT3--

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a beer for you as well later on.

:ice:

Not just because of the promotion, but because i think you are a great guy.

In fact you are one of the best people i have met through the forum, if not

my whole life.

I want you to always remember that mate, and good luck with getting the

'mega bonus packages and big juicy salaries' in the future. I love you BTW.

Your Friend,

Paul

Well done mate. :ice:

Jukka, it's -18 outside your door so do you really need an ice box? :D

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Good work Doc. Want me to secure that Evora build slot for you? :ice:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Congratumacations, Alex. Good for you. Just a couple of promotions to go and you will be ordering a new Esprit.

Just one thing, though. Shouldn't it be principal scientist?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Top Banana Mr Alex sir!

Nice to see some good news instead of lay offs.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

You mean they're paying scientists in money these days?! I thought they were kept in the cupboard under the stairs and allowed two test tubes a month...maybe somebody has got some sense at last!! Well done, chum. Trouble is, the further up and organisation you go, the further you get away from the work that got you there in the first place; life becomes organisation and man-management, so forth. Let's hope you can keep close enough to the science to prevent the onset of tedium!! Do you get carpet in your office now?

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Do you get carpet in your office now?

Ahh they have been giving everybody carpet for years now, but alas it is 7 years since i had an office with a window. Just Internal walls with one being completely glass. All artificial light. In winter i see daylight in the drive to work and then at lunch but thats it.

If you mange to get up the chain i might get and office with a window.

SO I think I am four promotions away from running a 35 billion dollar company :clap:

At F you can get onto the mega bonus packages and big juicy salaries, nobody of the ordinary ranks knows what the VPs get but i reckon their salaries must be huge plus lots of share bonues etc.

I don't know just what kind of "widgets" your company is making, Alex, but if you need a North American sales rep, let me know!

Congratulations, mate. :smoke:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Alex

Just caught up with this, fantastic news, remember not so long ago speaking several times with you about how difficult it was for you to move up, so I'm delighted it's happened!

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg

Congratulations Alex excellent news. :)

Went do you get the swip card for the company yacht? :P

Cliff

Men marry women with the hope they will never change. Women marry men with the hope they will change. Invariably they are both disappointed. : Albert Einstein