free hit
counters
Fixed Problem! Problems keeping car running!!!!!!! - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hotrod3

Fixed Problem! Problems keeping car running!!!!!!!

1991 esprit SE Turbo

After running Freescan and getting no fault codes,I cleaned the TPS sensor and reset to .5 volts I still can't keep the engine running. I did notice that the car didn't start running bad until the freescan dash gage showed that it was pegged out in temp, also the low fluid level light would come on in the dash,so I checked the level in both header tanks they were OK.The temp gage in the dash was showing normal running temp. So just to be safe I replaced the sender unit under the manifold anyways. Still have a problem , when I finally get the car to running great after 30 minutes of tapping the throttle and all the gages are back to normal. The car runs like its suppose to until the next day, when it reverts back to square one and the process starts all over again. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

<_<

Removed all the Relays in the engine bay and cleaned the terminals,replaced them and she's been running great! Its taken awhile to trace everything down,but its alearning experience. I hope this helps someone else! :D

Edited by hotrod3

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Maybe there's a fault in the ECU.

Geoff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) Replaced the TPI today and reset all the perimeters. I'll see ,what she does tomorrow.It was running great when I shut her down.As nice as was to her today,lets see if she's tempermental tomorrow? :( I did read where,this guy left a lamp on his ECM and when it warmed up, his car ran OK, I might try that just to see if the ECM has become heat sensitive.You know it might be a good idea to check and see if I have a vapor lock or bubble in the cooling sytem,that could cause a problem with the temp sensor under the intake manifold,maybe I just need to bleed the system. :(

:) I found out what was causing the water temp dash coming on and freescan's dash gauge pegging out. After checking to make sure all the wiring was in its right plug position,by color code tracing,I found out while moving the wiring harness at the ECM,that the dash light was coming on on going off "Shorting or grounding out". :D No wonder the ECM going wacky and trying to correct running conditions :P I found a place under the air cleaner duct,where a wire was cut thru by the hose clamp. Taped it off and guess what no more shorting. :P

I am am still having a problem though with having to blip :) the trottle for a- while until it stays running. I'm going to try wiring the BPV open and see if it takes of of that! :(

Edited by hotrod3