free hit
counters
Rod to stroke ratio - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tony94S4

Rod to stroke ratio

Hi does anyone have any info on the rod to stroke ratio on the 910 and V8 engine is it anywhere near 1.75

thanx

Tony

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Hi does anyone have any info on the rod to stroke ratio on the 910 and V8 engine is it anywhere near 1.75

thanx

Tony

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I

Marcus

910 2.2 turbo: rod to stroke: 1.83 (5.5", 3.0" resp.)

920 2.0 turbo: rod to stroke: 2.0 (5.5", 2.724" resp.)

918 V8 rod to stroke: 1.74 (5.55" to 3.19" resp.)

Cheers!

Eric

77 Esprit S1

Rebirth in progress

"the $6 m. car!, we can rebuild it, better, stronger,.....faster!"

94 RX7 R2, Mazdaspeed bits

2016 NB Focus RS

1944 Willys MB rescue

Marcus

I'm trying to figure out if I do work to the head will the stock bottom  handle higher RPM, I thought if I upgrade the valve train I can rev higher but I find out I was wrong the block has a lot to do with it, with my honda engine on my CRX I put a CRV B20 engine (bad ratio close to 1.5-1) with SI B16 head (best honda engine ratio close to 1.75-1)  I and was revving it to 8500 rpm it didn't last to long now I'm about to build B20 Dart block with higher deck so I can have 2.0 liter with close to perfect stroke to rod ratio same time I want to do the head on the esprit S4.

If you don't know the ratio do you have the rod length center to center I think I have the formula somewhere to calculate the ratio and also do you know where I can get a hold of custom ground inlet cam shaft same duration but more lift

Thanks

Tony

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tony,

IMHO you will not get any benefit from revving your turbo engine any higher than 6500rpm where max. power output is given (the redline is already at 7500rpm / 7000rpm for the V8) ... unless you modify the whole inlet outlet (valves - cams - ports - manifold - turbos ...)

From my experience with the Lotus 4-Cyl. and V8 the max. power rpm will not rise above 6500rpm unless you do excessive rework (cams, valves, portings ...)

Marcus

Marcus

Tony,

IMHO you will not get any benefit from revving your turbo engine any higher than 6500rpm where max. power output is given (the redline is already at 7500rpm / 7000rpm for the V8) ... unless you modify the whole inlet outlet (valves - cams - ports - manifold - turbos ...)

From my experience with the Lotus 4-Cyl. and V8 the max. power rpm will not rise above 6500rpm unless you do excessive rework (cams, valves, portings ...)

Marcus

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>