free hit
counters
Jackson-Barratt Auction - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Jackson-Barratt Auction

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the B-J auction is a no-reserve auction, don't know where your link above is from, I see it says not sold but if you go to their home page and get into the car list for Tuesday it shows the following:

Lot Number40

Auction Scottsdale 2009

* Sale Price$12,100.00

Year 1989

Make LOTUS

Model ESPRIT

Style 2 DOOR COUPE

Exterior ColorFERRARI RED

Interior ColorTAN

Cylinders 4

Engine Size 2.2 LITER

Transmission 5-SPEED MANUAL

Summary A 43,000 actual mile car with a stock 4 cylinder 2.2 Liter engine with new Turbocharger. Features new brakes and windshield. DetailsThis 43,000 actual mile car is basically stock with Ferrari Red custom paint and refurbished interior in deep tan leather. It is a stock 4 cylinder 2.2 Liter engine with new Turbocharger. Features new brakes and windshield, CD sounds fantastic. Received a new clutch at 35,000 miles. The handling and performance on this car is amazing. This Lotus is a pleasure to drive.

* Includes 10% buyers premium

Regards,

John D.

Edited to clean up formatting problem.

Edited by JohnD

Yep B-J is a no reserve auction. Every car is sold no matter what the price.

Check out these two:-

Lot Number 437

Auction Scottsdale 2009

* Sale Price $8,470.00

Year 1976

Make MERCEDES-BENZ

Model 450SEL

Style SEDAN

Exterior Color BROWN

Interior Color TAN

Cylinders 8

Engine Size

Transmission AUTOMATIC

Summary One owner car, registered to "Doris Day" from new. 71,000 original miles.

Details Original paint with the exception of right rear door, part of right rear quarter and deck lid. Owned by Doris Day and kept generally at her home in Carmel. Books and original records including Build Card and Original Maintenance Manual. Interior original leather not cracked.

* Includes 10% Buyer

I could not believe what the Jolly went for but if the right bidders are there. . .

I'm not all that fond of American muscle cars but that market has definitely cooled off.

You can find good buys on the weekdays. It is a great car show also, I usually make the Palm Beach one every year since it's just up the road.

John D.