free hit
counters
02 MY seats. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Would any of you chaps with an 02 V8, fitted with the quilted leather seats, be able to do me an odd favour and answer a couple of questions?

Could you measure the distance between the stitching on the 'diamond' pattern? In other words, how large are the diamonds and how far apart are they? Are they double stitches? Is there any other trim in the cabin that has the quilted effect (roof panel, rear cubby hole etc)?

Final_US_V8_Spec_01.jpg

TIA. :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham, would you by any chance be seeking these measurements so as to know how much of a wiring loom will be required for the seat diamonds' blue LED's inserts? :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Seeing as how Bibs doesn't approve of us 'bumping' our threads, I'll say: Blue LEDs - in seats? How ridiculous......you should patent that idea, John or someone (me) might steal it. :)

Still be nice to have the dimensions if possible, please.

Hi Graham,

Keeping it on a serious note, can you please email the details once you get them as I want to get my seats done like this. Were you being serious about doing it yourself?

If you are then I have a spare set of seats I'd be willing for you to have a test run on? I don't mind what they turn out like as they are spare seats.

I have one or two contacts who I was going to get to do mine so maybe we can swap some notes.

Email me on [email protected]

David Walters

Ps, if no one comes up with dimensions then it's quite easy to work out the pitch of the diamond. Looking at picture, I think I can work it out. I will have a look tomorrow and get back to you.

Dave Walters

I don't have the patent (yet), Graham, but I did buy up the domain name (www.quiltLEDseats.com)-- just in case.

For the record, I think your instrument lighting mod was drop dead eye-catching brilliant, and it made me green blue with envy.

Hopefully Gonzalo will be along shortly with the seat pattern measurements. B)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Sorry guys; a little late but here they are:

The width of the stitches (double stitch) = 5mm

Distance between stitches (center of double stitch to center of double stitch; perpendicular to stitch) = 55mm (2mm + or -; spacing not consistant)

Also, diamonds are square and are only found on seats.

Edited by gmendoza

'03.5 Final Edition Esprit ~ 5.7lbs/hp

mildly modded - 430rwhp, 353rwtq

What? Tartan in new shape car? How very last season!

X1015.jpg

2031.jpg

Honestlyyyyyy! Don't you ever read the forum? :D My old bus has been running the retro theme for a while now, but it's starting to look a bit tired so I'm contemplating a re-think.

Dave, thanks very much for your vote of confidence in my abilities. However my seats are the 'sport' seats and therefore a lot easier to muck about with than the comfort armchairs. I'm more than happy to take a stanley blade and a pot of evostick to my own car, but wouldn't want to leave you with a set of worthless seat frames. I'd definitely reccommend a professional!

Graham,

My seats are worthless anyway, you should have more confidence in yourself! :P:D

I may have a go one day.

As for your seats, the easiest way to work it out is to make sure the lines go from corner to corner then divide the space up equally. No point using the dims given as your area may be smaller than the standard seat. If you want, if you give me the dims of your seat, I will draw up the pattern and see if i can get it printed out on tracing paper and post it to you. All you have to do then to pin it to your metrial and follow the lines!

Email on [email protected] if you want any assistance

David walters

ps. Actually Graham,

you've given me a great idea! I can buy in glass fibre bucket seats pretty cheap but they are clad in cheap nylon. I could reclad them in the same idea that you are doing and it will be a doddle to do.

Also the CF seats I already do, has removable base and back inserts. All they need doing is to add the cross stitching in and it done!

David Walters

What? Tartan in new shape car? How very last season!

Honestlyyyyyy! Don't you ever read the forum? :P My old bus has been running the retro theme for a while now, but it's starting to look a bit tired so I'm contemplating a re-think.

Dave, thanks very much for your vote of confidence in my abilities. However my seats are the 'sport' seats and therefore a lot easier to muck about with than the comfort armchairs. I'm more than happy to take a stanley blade and a pot of evostick to my own car, but wouldn't want to leave you with a set of worthless seat frames. I'd definitely reccommend a professional!

Oh no I have seen those "unique" seats before but I got the impression you were going to consider tarting up some newer seats? - pun intended :D

350.gifNo.23