free hit
counters
A new age, and the end of white supremacy. - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

A new age, and the end of white supremacy.

Paul C

Well, It's time to shatter the ivory tower i took so long building...

:whistle:

For a few years i must admit i was a champion of white cars, and on hundreds of posts, even very

recent ones (if you search) there will be me saying that white is the best Esprit colour, how other car

colours were rubbish, how pure a colour white was, the bond car, yadda, yadda, etc, etc... I was such

an idiot. But everyone was so taken in by it all that nobody realised it was utter nonsense and the whole

forum totally went along with every single word i said, without question, and accepted white to be not

only the best Esprit colour, but the best car colour in the world. Thanks for your faith in me being 100%

right about everything car related guys, but...

An i'm sorry for this, it's not easy treading on your faith...

I now realise i was completely wrong, and would appreciate it if those moments and past comments could

be politely ignored by forum users, perhaps in the way you would forgive your newly clean best mate stealing

your hi-fi in the past to pay for smack? I now accept there was a time that (although you all thought otherwise)

i was not actually right about everything in the entire world and beyond. You guys will just have to accept that

and either find another god to worship, or simply accept i have found a new truth, and follow me again.

rsz_1rsz_no-stripes.jpg

I now see there is only one car colour worth talking about...

SILVER

Yes, now i see that SILVER is the best car colour, and anyone who says otherwise is as stupid as i freely admit that i

myself once was. It is all really very clear to me now, yes. You can all start buying into everything i say, again.

So there.

:P

I think the sport 350 might well be my favorite Esprit too... now.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

Paul,

First I thought it was going to be a political manifest about the new US head honcho when I read the topic, but

to my surprise you only stand in line with all of the world's politicians, denying today, what they have said yesterday.

As this is common practise in today's world I suggest you pack away your scourge and enjoy your new toy.

Stefan

Mind if I cut in ?

Sorry but everything looks Nightfall Blue to me! :)

Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by the Italians.

You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot

You think professional is expensive, just wait until you pay for amateur.

I agree with Chris. There's too many silver cars on the road and too many of those that aren't silver are bloody white.

Need some other colours to show some individuality.

It always amuses me that so many cars start off as shiny metal and have loads of work put into them to paint them to look like bare metal again. At least that's not the case with the Elise (or the Seven).

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

One of the great Esprit Masters has been converted...

from virginal white to commoner's silver - All hail Paul C. :)

There's nothing wrong with silver as I too has 2 silver cars. Much the same as there's nothing wrong with today's form of UK bus advertising. B)

probably-no-god-double-decker.jpg

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Hey, as long as you've got a WING you can paint it any bl**dy colour you want, Paul. :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

New Aluminium and Azure Blue were the two most common popular colours for the S1 Elise. I only know of four white Elises in this country, none are 111s. You've been suckered in trying to fit in with the popular vote.

It feels like you've sold out just to be one of the gays guys. :huh::)

I was such an idiot. utter nonsense and every single word i said without question

I now realise i was completely wrong, I now accept there was a time that i was not actually right about everything in the entire world and beyond. and anyone who says otherwise is as stupid as i freely admit that i myself once was.

Mr C, Don't be so hard on yourself! (^^ I just kept the interesting bits ^^) I take it, you are just refering to white cars and not all posts made on LEF? :):P

Just kidding mate! - Nice looking Elise Paul, look forward to seeing in the flesh. :huh:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Congrats on the new car paul.

Looks great. Hey when it gets dirty you'll almost have titanium which is an even better silver lol.

If you start pining though you can always paint it white with some tippex lol.

Cheers

Alan Croft

2000 V8 GT

87 Turbo Esprit HC

2000 Elise Sport 160

Silver is a nice colour, but I wouldn't say it's the best colour to have. Apparently people who choose silver cars are well balanced people, or something like that, a survey was done once of all the common colours of cars to own, silver was the best colour to have, all rounded people. I thought that's the only colour Mercedes come in unless you request another! :)

I'm guilty though, I've owned a silver car.

Silver car

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Paul we never believed you, instead we took pity on your white evangelism and thought let him play on his soap box. It keeps him out of mischief. At the same time we took professional advice on how to deal with someone who has daily delusions about the importance of white cars and they said as long as he is not hurting himself we dont need to fetch the White Van and send him to the Padded Room hotel.

We knew all along that white was not the happening colour.

Instead we know it is green that is the future - its everywhere. Go green and save your soul and the planet. No mention of silver. In fact silver is so yesterday that we really shouldnt be talking about it. Thats giving it more air time than it deserves. Everyone wanted silver because its the best I cant be arsed to wash my car colour, so in that sense its a perfect match for you. Even using your used fairy liquid water silver will still come up shining.

We know red is about failed fezza syndrome and penis envy. Blue is please dont notice me. Yellow is like driving along with your butt cheeks plastered against the window saying come look at me - in your face!! Green is classic racing heritage. Black is cool, gangster looking , but also remember its our favourite hearse colour.

White - lacks imagination but is tyring to be pure. Like you thought you were spiritually closer to god by driving in white. When in fact we we all though there goes that dull dirty esprit racing past. We tok pity on your lack of imagination but respected your faith in your god complex. Now you have a silver complex and so we have phone the docs.

You're a medium for a straight jacket and guess what its white . Hahhaaha. One doulbe suite at the padded pavilion awaits you.

farewell my friend and DONT TALK TO THE MONKEYS. They are only after your banana, not your nuts!!

PS : good choice on the elise

Blue....please don't notice me....sounds perfect; especially when it comes to the brave Gendarmes.....Eclipse Blue must be the ideal colour, then..and not bad for the Prince of Darkness either!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Another forum member in the "ex-esprit owner" club.. :-)

glad you managed to make the sale paul - hope you're happy with the elise.

If you're following my example fully, its redundancy, marriage, redundancy (wife this time) then kids next.

;-)

R

Or follow my example and buy a Hybrid put your money in one of thos safe banky things (not!) and then moan cause you haven't got a nice car and your Mrs keeps saying "Don't you spend that money, you may need it to live on if your job goes up the swannie!"

Doh........ :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yes, now i see that SILVER is the best car colour, and anyone who says otherwise is as stupid as i freely admit that i

myself once was. It is all really very clear to me now, yes. You can all start buying into everything i say, again.

Well, I must be dumb. i am okay with that. It affords me a bundle of excuses later... hahaha...

But I must admit that I have never liked silve on a car. Never. The James Dean Porsche is about the only silver car I have ever liked silver... The Sport 350 looks okay in silver, but for the life of me I have no idea why Lotus did that. I have seen one painted though... and it looked great (I am just one for original stuff - hence I think the decals should be on those cars too). The Evora... liked it, but I remarked it looked plain jane at the motor show... until I saw... you guessed it... a photo of one painted white! I'd love to see a green one. Regarding silver, I can even go so far as to truthfully say that once upon a time, on a track in front of evryone, I selected a pink formula Vee over a silver one...

Perhaps the fact that the traffic revenue collectors where I live and grew up all have silver cars has deterred me?

That said, I do like that darker silver. I do not know what it is called... locally the folks here seem to know what you mean if you call it 'gun metal grey'. Then there is one shade darker that people here call chrarcoal...

Cameron

"If you feel that you are in total control of the car, well, your just not driving fast enough". Jimmy Clark