free hit
counters
Turbo Boost Guage not working - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hey guys, took the car out the night for a spin, and noticed that my boost gauge was not responding to the the turbo when it came on.

Never had this problem before.... so could it be a simple connect/sensor that needs replacing.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.......

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same car and my boost guage went on mine... the needle would go all the way to the right when I turned the key on. I ended up replaceing mine with a mechancial guage from VDO. Now I can see my Vacuum and boost reading from my guage....

It could be the transducer (above the right hand wheel arch).

If I remember correctly, the blue/black(?) vacuum pipe which runs from the inlet manifold (far right hand rear side of the engine) goes to the turbo boost transducer (which then converts this air pressure signal to an electrical signal which the turbo gauge uses. The transducer is around whether the filler cap is. I'm not sure which is the best way to attack it... from the rear (forward of the battery)... or from the front (by taking off the inside carpeted panel adjacent to the rear quarter window). There are lots of air inlet pipes at the front which could be a pain. There are other transducers in this area, too, so don't pull out the wrong one. The transducer has a round tin-shaped (brass?) capsule on the end of it.

I thought at first it might be a loose vacuum pipe, but maybe this would cause more side-effects(?). Check the pipe anyway (Has anyone been in the engine bay recently... or under the dashboard?)

I'm hoping it's just a vacuum plumbing problem, otherwise it could prove to be a bit tricky.

Cheers.

Ian.

Edited by Qavion

you get to the transducer from the battery side , it is the first item you come to on the wheel arch. sounds like one of wires came loose. I had same problem. a little nut came loose on the transducer. check it out and good luck jp

Ok,I hate to jump in here but, I have the same problem.Now opon inspection of mine,It has only one wire going to it,a slate/yellow wire.There is a ground terminal also on the transducer but no wire to be found.Is my missing wire simply a ground? I have checked the wiring diagram and it shows the one wire connected on mine and shows the part grounded? Please let me know what I have here.

Thanks

Car Lover,,at least thats how the report read.

That would be great.I would like to keep this car as original as posible and I mean by not putting in a aftermarket gauge in the dash.

Car Lover,,at least thats how the report read.