free hit
counters
Boost Gauge wiring 88MY turbo USA - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Boost Gauge wiring 88MY turbo USA

claimchaser

I know that the boost Gauge has been widely covered in this forum.But I have a question,Mine of course does not work.I recently had to replace my Wast gate diaphragm as it was blown out.thus,I know that the over boost side of my transducer is working correctly so I am assuming that the transducer itself is OK as far as vacuum goes.As I inspected it today,it has one wire on the "G" ground? side,it is slate with a yellow stripe. and nothing on the "WK"? side which one would construe as being the positive side.The only wire I can find in the area is a solid purple one with a cylinder shaped connector.I checked my manual and it states that a "SY" slate and yellow wire is the positive.Does anyone have a grasp as to how I should proceed? Shall I tear into her further in search of the illusive other wire or should I just route another wire and try it on the ground side and put the "positive" wire on the "WK"? side?

Edited by Doyle

Car Lover,,at least thats how the report read.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just quick checked the diagram and it showed "SY"

As I can remember if you disconnect SY cable will show boost Gague Max (when turn on the key)

In you case, if nothing show on boost gague can be some ground connection problem ?

or 12V on boost gauge...

I hope it will help !

Y.Hotta

I connected a ground to the other terminal and nothing.I connected the SY wire to the other terminal ,turned the key and presto,it went straight to the max reading.So This would tell me that the Gauge and vacuum to the transducer are OK.as well as the cut off while it had a bad waste gate.

So the only possible conclusion to me is that the sending unit is not working.Please just jump in wherever you here my voice start to squeal. :)

Doyle, this is the exactly the same thing that happened to my boost gauge... The transducer was bad, so I ended up replacing mine with a mechanical gauge and I am very happy with it...

• 1 month later...

Well,I replaced the Transducer but still no goo.My econ light works now though! I did notice a place for a vacuum line to attach to the last of the connectors on the mounting plate the transducer is mounted to.

Could I have a missing vacuum line?

If you want to replace it with a mechanical gauge (or need more info to decide whether to do that), Sanjaya Vatuk has a pretty good guide at

http://home.earthlink.net/~turboesprit/boost/index.html

Regards,

Tom

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti