free hit
counters
Cold breeze in the footwell only when the headlamps are up - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Cold breeze in the footwell only when the headlamps are up

The heater in my S3 just about keeps the chill off, but when the headlamps are up I get an unwelcome draft in the drivers footwell (not sure about passengers side). Does anyone else suffer from this?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be the cowling covering the heater blower is not sealing tight enough and letting air through into the hole in the bulkhead that gives access to the heater hoses,this is just above your feet.I assume it should have some sort of blanking grommet.Mine didnt and I sealed it with gaffer tape as the hole is about 75mm across by memory.

Paul.

It comes through the slots for the bonnet catches. I also have a draught from the hole in the footwell for the steering column...just another of those little jobs on the to do list I still haven't gotten around to doing.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

In the days of my LC engine, My heater didn't work well at all, & many a time I suffered from cold feet. I found this was reduced a lot when I replaced my door seals. Even though the old ones didn't look to bad. I'd say that a better seal reduced the airflow. The Good news these days is I also have heat now, thanks to re-routing the cooling system to HC spec.

Daz

The need for speed can be found with a Lotus