free hit
counters
Snow - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
davegtst

Snow

It's turned chilly in North Carolina the last few days because of cold air blowing down from Canada but when I spoke to the wife today (I'm away on business), she said it had been warm and sunny.

Global warming predicts that Britain will have colder winters as the melting ice caps divert the Gulf stream further south and stopping it providing free central heating to the British Isles.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So why doesn't the Gulf Stream get warmer as well .........

Britain needs all the free central heating it can get ........ turn up that Gulf Stream heater I say!

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Dont know if you caught it on the news but I went to Ottery St Mary after Wednesday nights storm and the place was just devastated. I was supposed to be picking some stuff from PJFlegg but they had no leccy on the whole industrial estate when I got there at 4pm Thursday and the place was deserted. Went back today and the cleanup has started but its still all looking very sad. Cant believe the sight of cars buried in what looks like snow, but is in fact hail. Never seen anything like it. See it at http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/328...ft-of-hail.html

If you're still online Dan I really hope you, the family, the Esprit and all the Bees have survived the ordeal without trauma.

Rgds Mike

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Yep when we saw it on the news and Ottery St Mary our first thought was hope Dan and the bees are OK.##

Dan - Hope everything is OK for you.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Interesting quote from the report:- "One pregnant woman had to be rescued in a 4x4 after going into labour at the scene of a crash near Honiton..."

I thought that 4x4's were the tools of the devil and were being banned.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Hail can be desperate...a few summers back I was in Paris when they had the mother of all hailstorms over Montmartre...the hailstones swept down the roads from the hill to Pigalle and buried the cars at the bottom!! Years before that, my brother was driving to work from Teignmouth to Exeter down Telegraph Hill, reached the junction at the bottom just after a hailstorm had passed and slid merrily along on the natural ballbearings thus delivered...held the wheel straight and managed to make it back onto normal tarmac without crashing. In the American Midwest, they get proper hailstorms which can destroy aeroplanes..at least, rag and stick ones..and some of the photographs of damage sustained to modern aeroplanes by hail in flight are quite frightening. Amazing what supercooling and a really active cunim can do.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Amazing what supercooling and a really active cunim can do.

Cunim? Isn't that the stuff in curry powder? If so, I know what you mean. It's amazed me a few times on a Sunday morning. :sweat:

We would have normally got our 1st snow of the season by now in South Dakota but it's a barmy 73f and clear blue skies. I am sure this will be short lived as the weather here at this time of the year is so unpredictable. We can get a heavy snow fall one day and the next day it will be 75f. Last May we had a blizzard, about 8 inches of snow fell in 4 hours. 2 days later not a sign it had happened and we were all working around in t-shirts and shorts.

9 days later.....

temp: 22f

14 inches of snow & 20 ft snow drifts.

Wow

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/unr/?n=11-0507-08

Rapid City blizzard.

We haven't even had any snow in Boulder yet. I tried to switch my daily driver to snow tires, but couldn't find my wheel lock key. Hopefully it doesn't snow in the time it takes to order a new one.

Travis

Vulcan Grey 89SE

My Lotus Photo and Projects Album

22 degrees F. Blame the cold and snow on the Canadians, we don't mind sharing it. Send some of that Southern heat back up here to thaw out our jinglies, although it hasn't been too bad here in Toronto

First snow game here last night. Just now we have about 5 cm snow and temperature is -4 celsius. Small roads are icy and slippery. Bigger roads and motorways are full of salt.

No good conditions to drive Esprit. May be that next drive is possible at end of march.

So, its time to my annual depression :(:):hrhr:

To get this back on track here's some time lapse photography for you....actually i just took em after each other:

3pm:

Picture001.jpg

4pm:

Picture002.jpg

5.30pm

Picture.jpg

And it's still blizzard like out there!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Looks like winter. I took some pics today 12 am. It was first sunny day after two weeks rain.

Esprit is sleeping in garage behind doors!

22 degrees F. Blame the cold and snow on the Canadians, we don't mind sharing it. Send some of that Southern heat back up here to thaw out our jinglies, although it hasn't been too bad here in Toronto

Ivan, you can hardly speak for Canadians when you live in Brampton...you might as well be in Florida! Here in Barrie i have used my snow blower three times already this winter (do you know what a snow blower is?) and I have two feet of snow on my front lawn... and the ski resorts are open waiting for you to come up and empty your wallet.

cheers

Paul

Week to summer here in oz and we got that snow too. Some of it about 80k's from Sydney!

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-au&brand=...c3-f0defac458af

That eqatorial nuclear push theory is gaining credence. All those bomb tests the French did during daytime near the equator pushed our planet off it's orbit and further from the sun. Just as well there been global warming to balance things out... :dizzy:

DanR

Bloody horrid int it Andy. My kids have been having a cracking time.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

bring it on, its dumped 70cm where im going on the 10th jan, oh yeah

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

My son Joseph and I made a dirty great snowman! We put a baseball cap, some cool sunglasses and a scarf on him, he was looking pretty cool!

It took less than an hour for some mindless thugs to kick his head off and nick the sunglasses! :D. I put his head back on and put a couple of stones in for eyes, then about an hour later i was just de-icing my wifes car with the garden hose, when i heard laughing, i looked down my drive just in time to a fifteen year old flying kick my poor little snow man! I shouted oi and sprayed the hose in their general direction but unfortunately the hose had no more than minimal pressure. They ran off laughing!

Later that evening when i went to put the wheelie bins out i noticed that my poor little snowman had been trampled into little more than a puddle! Once he stood proud and nearly 5 foot tall and he had been reduced in less than a day into slush by moronic teenage thugs!

Oh well next time the snow man will reside in the back garden! Can't help but feel i made a target of myself by making him in the front garden. I was tempted to hide a landmine in my next effort, lets see how funny it is to flying kick my snowman when he blows your foot off!!!!

REHABS FOR QUITTERS!!

You need to get into character more!

DirtyHarry.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I keep getting shouted down when I say Teenagers have no respect for people or their property. Christ on a bike, I would never have dreamed of going on someones property, let alone to destroy their kids hard work of building a snowman. I think razors in it would do better. Honestly officer I didn't know they must have been in the snow somehow. I do hope you can sow his toes back on.

There has to be a special place in Hell for these young ruffians, perhaps a room where they are forced for all eternity to build sand castles using teflon coated grains, and with no moisture to be found.

"I know what you're thinking, punk. Did he say 5 stories high or 6?" :D

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

So you are saying it went something like this snowman.gif

Build it around a metal bollard or a tree stump or anything solid that can be hidden inside and will hurt the little perishers when they attack your handiwork. Has to be something they can't take with them or stuff through your front window.

Or build it over a mineshaft. :thumbup: