free hit
counters
Bigsi's old car up for auction - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Bigsi's old car up for auction

Just let us know what she goes for.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget to tell the new owner about our inestimable forum!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Yes, thanks to Bibs I do have a few cards that he gave out during our meet on Sunday.... Will off we go...

Just got back... Andre didn't get his Mini and the Lotus had a provisional of

Problem is, I wouldn't know what you looked like as it was at least 3 days since I saw you :getmecoat: . I was there with a blue SAB Helicopters jacket. Cars fetched more than I thought they might. I thought it was a good price for the Lotus considering there would be a buyers premium to be added bringing the winning bidders total up to

I'll get around to it at some point.

I would be suprised if he sold it, though it has stuck around for so long he may bite the bullet. A provisional bid means there was a reserve on that didn't get met and they have to refer it to the seller.

look forward to seeing if they accept.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I went down to see the 928 at Arun Jaguar which is where the Esprit was being sold from. The 928 was on Ebay as well and I bid but the reserve not met. After the auction ended they contacted me to see if I was still interested and told me the reserve had been

Hang about....all this buyers and sellers premium stuff..does this mean the auctioneers get 10% of the final bid (

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

In normal car Auctions the sales commission comes from the sale price. so

I misread the conditions of sale on the website and looking at the catalog in front of me it says "A buyers premium of 10% + VAT is payable on the hammer price of each lot subject to a minimum of

Edited by Trevsked

Well looking at Barons website, its back in the auction again for the 24th March, so it didn't sell.

FYI, Vat is only payable on the commission, not the vehicle unless its a commercial vehicle thats subject to VAT. You'll find that these types of auctions have a slightly higher commission than the likes of Manheim or BCA who do volume so are able to take less.

Personally, that car looks like a dog with flea's, i know alot of you guys did alot of work on it, but you had to make the best with what you had. Its a shame after what i read what happened in the end, i just hope you guys didn't take it too personally and that this incident didnt totally destroy your faith in humanity.

I wonder if it will ever find a caring owner............

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere.