free hit
counters
Cylinder liners and piston clearances - Page 3 - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
molemot

Cylinder liners and piston clearances

Good to see some Esprits back on the road again...I only wish I could join you both!!!

Buddsy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Engine out of car, head off engine, sump removed, undo big ends and remove pistons. Now, to get the liners out, you need to fabricate a puller of some sort..the factory tool is, obviously, great if you can find one, but I used a length of 1/2" or 12mm threaded rod, a nut and washer on each end, and some 2" square section tubing drilled for the threaded rod and cut to size to go across the block at the top and fit onto the liner at the bottom. The bottom piece needs to have the ends rounded so that the tube will fit inside the liner hole in the aluminium block, and some form of location (I used some self tapping screws) to position it reliably at the base of the liner. Then I used some wood spacing blocks between the top tube and the block, got it all positioned properly and wound away on the nuts...this pulled the liner out of the block.