free hit
counters
Wing mirror theft - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
david hopwood

Wing mirror theft

I left for work this morning and noticed the wing mirrors on my wife's 3 month old colt cabrio missing.

They were fine earlier on in the evening and as we have cctv I watched the disk.

It would appear around 1.30 two hooded bits of shit rolled up in a car, parked at the top of our drive then ran down and forced off both complete mirror assemblies.

Went through the usual police/insurance drill,it turns out that with excess and a claim it is cheaper to take it on the chin myself

Dave Hopwood

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Parts stolen to order has been a problem for a long time. I had the whole front end of my Impreza nicked off the car one night including lights and bumpers!!! Someone futher up the road had the lot incliding the bonnet go one night too.

Not good!!

These guys need a serious kicking. Leaving you better off not claiming is such a basket esp for that much money!

I know a chap whos van wouldnt start. AA turned up...you got no started motor was the problem. Somebody had nicked it while it was parked.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

It seems nothing is sacred anymore. I know this can happen at any time, but as the Police are saying (or maybe its just the Press) times are getting harder, jobs are getting scarecer, money tighter - for some (and I do mean some, thank goodness) its easy money for these scroats. News is reporting this sort of crime and general burglery will unfortunately increase as these low lives become increasingly hard up, as the down turn starts to bite harder.

I'm all for the Far East way of punnishment when it comes to stealing.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!