free hit
counters
Your cars history - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Freeman

Your cars history

I have most of the history on my car including a rather large bill for what looks like a major fire sometime early 90's! I know it used to live down in waterlooville at one stage, and I think west London before that. From what I understand the owner before me did some major restoration work on her, including a full respray.

Think I'm the 6th owner in 21 years

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It must be great to be organised.... I generally need to dismantle the house when looking for MOT, V5 etc.

84 G Car - 4 owners. Fully stamped book, most MOT's (until I purchased in 97). Loads of receipts (Including

Tax disc proves the car was insured and had a valid MoT, so it more than likely would have been used. Esprit don't do well when they are left and need to be used. Old tax disc show the car was road legal and maintain and used fairly regularly during that time. Otherwise the owner wouldn't be spending on Taxing it, MoTing it or insuring it.

That's why I've got all mine. Plus they cost a bit, so might as well keep them!

kato

lew_small.gif

http://www.lotusespritworld.com' target='_blank'>

as to be the second owner, and with our 'strictly Prussian' :kiss: government documentation it's very easy to collect informations :P

to name the things if I see them, that's what I call integrity..

And whats wrong with keeping tax discs??

Shhhhh! Listen.....do you hear it? Quiet now. Yes.....Yes.....there it is.....the cry of the Kidderminster Anorak Bird!

"Rak Rak Rak Rak Rak.......Anorak Rak Rak Rak Rak......Rak Rak Rak Rak Rak......"

:P

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Guilty as charged. :P In my defence though I would say you should keep your paperwork in the same condition as your car, as it is an extention of the vehicle

Totally agree, brother Heath. With these near-historical vehicles more records, not less, is a good thing. :wub:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I purchased the car with only 1738 miles on it so there was not a whole lot of pre Al history. But the original owner did pass along all the original sale material and brochures, including the window sticker. Along with that I have every reciept, shop ticket, and anything I even considered doing to/for the Esprit in a file. Fills up one of those file boxes nicely. Now as for the spares, room is running out.

I have all documents from the previous owner, problem lay with the fact that there were 2 owners before him and no documentation was there for them. He did have documentation for the recent timing belt change and sufficient oil changes, etc. which were all carried out by Lotus of Georgia. This combined with a clear PPI made the car a sound purchasing decision. Since I have bought it I have done absolutely all the maintenance myself documentation may be hard to come up with. I guess I could make up something, though :)