free hit
counters
Most appropriate reg for a 911 in history? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Most appropriate reg for a 911 in history?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:unsure:

Like it! Close to the best as you can't fit "Hairdresser" on a number plate.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On a similar, if not more related theme...

n677840382_4658515_3931.jpg

Charmers this lot aren't they :unsure:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I don't see why it's so appropriate? Why all the negativity with Porsche owners?

I might just put a bid on this car, it looks good!

Edited by superdavelotus

In all seriousness I don't have a problem with Porsche owners either - I used to have one as well! Just thought it was funny.

The 911 is an excellent car - and the C4S with the big fat backside like this one pictured is a cracking looker - it does look a good buy. I think the difference is that when you see an Esprit or a Honda NSX for example you know the owner is a petrol head as they have bought the car based on it's performance/visual appeal etc. Whereas many 'cityboys' etc. may purchase a Porsche simply for the badge.

That being said, I went to a few track days in my Boxster S and can confirm there are plenty of very nice Porsche owners! Well, at least a couple.... :)

Always had a thing for the 928, in the same way i had a thing for the XJS.

:(

They are good cars, and i have met plenty of enthusiast owners at shows

and meets that are very nice folk, it's the 'enthusiast' thing i must stress here

though, because...

Like BMW, the Porsche owner demographic has a massively high 'W***** to good

person' ratio. Not quite as bad as the BMW but it's too noticeable to ignore, so it

creates an image that unfairly gets attached to the car sometimes.

At least with a BMW you have a 50/50 chance that the driver is an ar*ehole. The porsche

has better odds and it's actually more likely the owner might be a worthwhile human being,

so it might be worth approaching them for a chat. If you are lucky they might be into their

car as much as you are into yours.

...or they might turn out to be just another pot bellied, sweaty office manager full of bullshit.

:)

Hit the nail on the head Paul.

I caused great offence to an M3 driver the other day by overtaking him on the outside lane of a motorway. Obviously not used to this action he was up my arse in a heartbeat and none too chuffed - anyway, we had a bit of a race and I ended up slowing down as quite frankly I didn't want to die. This chap should defo snap up the reg at the top of this page! :)

PS I still love the XJS - seen an immaculate one the other day and it's relative rareness has only increased its appeal. Sitting in amongst the traffic it looked like a Prince amongst men!