free hit
counters
F F F Freezing! - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mayevora

F F F Freezing!

Only a minor problem (I hope!) Took Esprit out for a bit of fun earlier. Just before dark and temperature was dropping. Drivers window slightly open went to put up and .... nothing. No upwards movement. flicked switch other way, and yes goes down no proplem but dead when trying to wind up. I've had sticking windows before where you can pull them up at same time as opperating switch but this is locked solid and will not go up even a millimetre but will still go down. I now have a window vertually fully open for about the next 10 miles at about -3. Dont fancy taking door panel off to investigate tonight as too late ,too dark and F F Freezing. Anybody had similar? and was it easy to sort?

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
Guest teigan

frozen window - frozen driver. it may just be the switch contact. try removing the switch and shorting the wires by hand.

That happened to my 1989 Turbo. Had to take the motor apart and make a dodgy repair. Didn't use the window much after that.

Jens

15407iq.jpgProud member of The Fearless Red Squadron

Better living through turbocharging!

looks like next saturday afternoons entertainment is sorted. Thanks

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!