free hit
counters
Have we got any dentists on here? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Have we got any dentists on here?

Paul Coleman

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me I'm a doctor. Take a piece of twine and tie around the tooth, take the other end and tie around the door handle of an open door. Stand your ground and attempt to slam the door shut. This will jerk you off you feet with some velocity in pursuit of the door, when the door shuts your motion continues slamming your head through the door. This results in a big enough headache to forget about the tooth ache. You didn't have a toothache? Sorry.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Roger - thanks for the advice, I hope you won't be offended if I don't take it!!

Dave - I had an upper molar filled before Christmas (the one next to the wisdom tooth which I had removed years ago). The tooth the other side has a crown, after having the nerves removed over 15 years ago. I've never had any problems from the crown but over the last couple of years it's become loose but only slightly. When I had the molar filled before Christmas it became very sensitive to hot/cold, so the dentist removed the metal filling and put a temporary cement one in to see if it would calm down. It did a bit, so he then removed most of the cement and topped it off with metal. The problem is that if I bite down hard on it, it hurts. Also, if I suck at the crown (as you sometimes do when you have something stuck between your teeth) it hurts but not always? I don't see how I can get pain from a dead tooth? I've also had toothache for the last week which stretches from my eye down to my collar. The dentist doesn't seem to have a clue and I'm concerned the next step is to talk about extraction as I really can't afford to lose any more teeth in that area.

Paul.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Paul,it would appear that with a root treatment there is only ever a 90% chance of sucsess,this is because it's never possible to remove all of the infection.

The pain you are felling could well be re-infection,a course of antibiotics may help clear this up for you .

However, extraction is a considered option to relive some individuals discomfort.

Dave Hopwood

Thanks for the info. I'm going back this afternoon for about the 6th time!!

Cheers, Paul.

The second crown seems never as good as the first. The new one may be slightly higher than the old so under different bite pressure (think "crown nip" :o ), it just takes a miniscule difference, may also not cover down into the gum the same as the old. The gum also can literally become a sore spot if you can't clean or floss as well around the tooth, so stays inflamed and sensitive. Not a dentist, but play one on TV, stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, etc. etc., but definitely been there, done that. Good luck.

Hi Eric

I've only ever had and still got, one crown. It's been in there for more than 15 years without any problems... until now!

Regards, Paul.

Hi Eric

I've only ever had and still got, one crown. It's been in there for more than 15 years without any problems... until now!

Regards, Paul.

Right! I know the feeling. It's when they change it that they don't seem to get it exactly the same. Hope you can get it sorted. :o

Well I went back to the dentist again today as half my head was hurting including my throat and upper mouth. The dentist suggested removing the tooth I recently had filled but I wasn't in favour of that!! So I suggested that maybe I had an infection as I was getting pain from a tooth that has been dead for 15 years or more. So she took an x-ray and there is an abscess on the root of the crowned tooth. I now have a five day course of double anti-biotics so I'm hoping that will clear it up. If it doesn't then I'll have to have the crowned tooth pulled but I'd rather lose that one than the one behind it which is only filled and not crowned. We shall see...

Paul.