free hit
counters
Hello - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hello

Boots

Hi everyone

As a new Lotus Esprit driver here is my chance to introduce myself. Some of you know my other half who is Mr John 111 and lots of you have given him help to fix my car and for that I am very grateful :(

As a woman driver :o (I can hear the groans from here!!!) I feel in the minority but will try to live up to the responsibility of being a Lotus driver.

As to why I now own a Lotus Esprit turbo I'm sure you will understand if I tell you as a wide eyed 8 year old I stared dumfounded at the big screen as James drove his car off the end of the jetty. "What is he doing?" I said to myself until at that moment I saw the wheels retract, the display revolve and then it struck me - "Of course it was a submarine!!!! What was I thinking???"

Since then I have never considered any other car to be as beautiful as the Guigaro styled Esprit and it has been a dream of mine to own one.

Fortunately I happened to marry a very nice man who is very confident in his masculinity to let his wife own a better car than him and who is gullible enough to fix it for her!!! :)

Now for my solemn vow "I promise to the best of my abilities to drive my car in a manner befitting its pedigree and performance. I promise to take it out at least once a day and to wash it every Sunday. Finally I promise to let my hubby drive it once a week (but only if he has been a very good boy), and twice a week (if he has been a naughty one!!! :( )

Now I must go off to the gym to build up my biceps so I can manouvere at slow speeds :)

Sue

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sue,

welcome to the testoserone filled nut house, It will be good have more eostrogen influencing the mood in here lol.

Post some piccies of your esprit, we all like to see em.

Tell your hubby to stop driving yours and get his own! Check out the regional groups and get your self on a hoon with us, donny is around the corner in April.

El presidente of NMEG

or better known as Alex of the GT3 variety.

Hi Alex

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I have been informed that you are 'Alex of the screwdriver' :o diy casualty (I was dragged over by my hubby who was in hysterics to see your very comprehensive diagram which showed your boo boo very well btw 10 out of 10 for artistic impression :( )

I will post up some pics soon.

We hope to get to Donny in April probably the saturday so we can meet some LEF'ers and put some faces to some names, not to mention basking in the glory of Lotus ownership. :(

Sue

Hi Sue and welcome.

What I want to know is - How do I get my wife thinking of an Esprit the same way as you do? Been trying hard for the best part of a decade, but just not winning this one.

Made her watch the Bond films, bought her the Pretty Woman DVD, gave her proportionately, nearly as much attention as my Esprit gets :o , and still she doesn't get it.

Donny in April is always a good meet but, usially more Esprits on the Sunday.

Hope you enjoy the ownership and keep posting on LEF - we're a friendly bunch. :(

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Welcome to LEF Susan, nice looking car you've got there! :o

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Welcome Susan,

We have a few ladies on here, my girlfriend Vicki being one, and she drives

the Lotus too.

There's a lot of big men on here that go on about how much they need PAS,

and there's you and Tobi, Ladies driving non PAS Esprits and loving it!

To be fair, i think its a few of the guys need to go to the Gym...

:o

Hiya Sue and WELCOME! Hope to bump into you some time at en event, though not too literally of course! Have you gotten beyond the just starring at the car in the garage stage yet, or having to pop out every 5 minutes just to have another look at it?!!

Lol Sue, just checked out your profile....we are both 39 and living in Berkshire!!

Just because you can, does'nt mean you should.

Hi Katie

Have gone beyond just starting it :( Went for a zip up the A34 to Abingdon just to see what it can do and boy I had a big grin on my face. Not to mention a few admiring glances (or was that for me??? nope I'm sure it was for the car lol)

I'm sure as the Esprit is my everyday car you will spot me around the Newbury area, but if I look preoccupied its because I have only been driving it for 6 days and I'm concentrating really hard!!!!

I am totally blown away at how much fun it is to drive tho and my hubby is lucky to get to drive it one day a week - if only I didnt have to do the shopping!!!!! :o

The up side is that summer is comming and my hubby has a convertable :)

Sue

Welcome to the forum Boots.Enjoy. Maybe we will see you and Mr Boots at Donnington? :)

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

A belated Welcome from the states, Sue! :) And I must say, a well-written and eloquent introduction on your part. Enjoy your Esprit!

Edited by Tony K

Tony K. :)

Esprit S1s #355H & 454H

Esprit S2.2  #324J

1991 Esprit SE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just polished my pride and joy because the nasty old insurance people :) want some pics so they can charge me lots of dosh to drive her. :D

Anyways thought you lot would like a peek at her (ooooh errrr sounds a bit rude!!!!)

1000747e.th.jpg

1000746.th.jpg

1000745.th.jpg

1000744.th.jpg

1000743.th.jpg

1000738.th.jpg

1000739.th.jpg

1000740.th.jpg

1000737.th.jpg

1000748.th.jpg